Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First Ongoing Request with RCI for DVC (includes DVC/RCI Codes)

Adding the answer to my question in case anyone else needs. Topic was brought up by someone OY.
    The RD codes are rental codes. The DV codes are for exchanging.
    So....All DV is what to input into an ongoing search.

Quote Originally Posted by mdurette View Post
    Thanks all for the info so far. Good suggestion about checking the sightings for Weeks codes. Grayfal - seems you have the same info I found.

So....still leaves missing in weeks - hopefully I will find in sightings OKW, BWV, SSR
    Because the 3 and 4 at OKW have a weeks code - does that mean you can do a request for just 3 or 4 days. I always see these as extra vacations - never searching
    No, at the moment DVC is only being offered in full week intervals, not points intervals thru RCI.
    Those short stays are rentals thru RCI.
    There is different inventory loaded to RCI points for DVC though so if you have access to both weeks and points you may want to check the points side.
    Many times good units are just sitting there while the TPU stuff is gone after a few hours.

I'll also add that some of the corporate portals see extra inventory too.
    HGVC, Wyndham etc will sometimes show units that I don't see with the regular account.
    Eventually it shows up if it's not reserved but there seems to be a lag time.
    It also works the other way too unfortunately.

If you find anything in dv11 for the summer of 2016, please let me know!

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
    If you find anything in dv11 for the summer of 2016, please let me know!

Apparently I still need some help. I thought I set up an search - but a sighting showed up today that I could have matched with so I went into RCI and checked. It said I had no ongoing searches. So, I input again:
    1. Clicked OnGoing Search
    2. Picked my week to use
    3. Under Destination I chose Resort ID selections and put in: DV01, DV02, etc & the desired check-in dates
    4. Accommodations: Filled in my desired options.
    5. Clicked Continue and it brings me to the regular "search for a vacation page"??????

I also added in step 3 above the region along with the resort ids - same outcome - after continue goes to search a vacation page.

What am I missing? RCI closed now. Live Chat person was no help.

I can't do an ongoing search without paying for it. Did RCI take your money?

Also, if your talking about what I posted, that was in points - I don't know if it was also in weeks.

yes, I was talking about what you posted - I thought it may be points - but that just prompts me to get this search in NOW since the weeks stuff should be coming soon.

It never asks me for money - but doesn't confirm anything either - when I look at my account at On Going Searches - nothing showing either.

I'm wondering what do others see if they his the Continue button.

Apparently I still need some help. I thought I set up an search - but a sighting showed up today that I could have matched with so I went into RCI and checked. It said I had no ongoing searches. So, I input again:
    1. Clicked OnGoing Search
    2. Picked my week to use
    3. Under Destination I chose Resort ID selections and put in: DV01, DV02, etc & the desired check-in dates
    4. Accommodations: Filled in my desired options.
    5. Clicked Continue and it brings me to the regular "search for a vacation page"??????

I also added in step 3 above the region along with the resort ids - same outcome - after continue goes to search a vacation page.

What am I missing? RCI closed now. Live Chat person was no help.
    Curious, did you get your match?

"Curious, did you get your match?"

NOT the evening to ask me that question!!!!!!

Just a few hours ago I received a match confirmation from RCI for SSR for the week I want. (I just put in the search a few days ago - finally found out what my problem was trying to get it into RCI). Compatibility View issue with the IE I am running.

Well, I noticed yesterday that II was having a buy a getaway get an AC (I know probably a useless AC) but I'm a sucker and went for it because Marriotts were going for only $417 for a 2 bedroom!!!! It truly was a bargain. So, I grabbed two 2BRs for us and another family.

After all this.....I'm going to have to release the SSR because I just purchased that exchange not even 12 hours before!

Yes, aggravated with myself - but still happy with the bargain and 2 ACs that I got from II.

"Curious, did you get your match?"

NOT the evening to ask me that question!!!!!!

Just a few hours ago I received a match confirmation from RCI for SSR for the week I want. (I just put in the search a few days ago - finally found out what my problem was trying to get it into RCI). Compatibility View issue with the IE I am running.

Well, I noticed yesterday that II was having a buy a getaway get an AC (I know probably a useless AC) but I'm a sucker and went for it because Marriotts were going for only $417 for a 2 bedroom!!!! It truly was a bargain. So, I grabbed two 2BRs for us and another family.

After all this.....I'm going to have to release the SSR because I just purchased that exchange not even 12 hours before!

Yes, aggravated with myself - but still happy with the bargain and 2 ACs that I got from II.
    Well, at least you know how to do a search now and you saw that it works .

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast