Thread: Sheraton Desert Oasis -- EOY Two-Bdrm

Sheraton Desert Oasis -- EOY Two-Bdrm

I'm considering a resale purchase of a two-bdrm SDO that is EOY usage. It's deeded week 20 (which isn't great) but it floats 1 - 52. I'd like to be able to GO to Scottsdale EOY for Spring Training without having to exchange. Is there any reason why I might have trouble reserving a week in March?

Should I consider just renting?

Thanks.
    Becky

I also have an EOY 2 bedroom at SDO. It took about 2 hours for my last March reservation to be confirmed.

Joy
    Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace.

Herman Wouk

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    As long as you can call at exactly 12 months out, you (probably) will not have a problem.
    I used to own at Sheraton Broadway Planation and have reserved July 4th week every year - calling at the 12 month mark always got me that reservation.

Quote Originally Posted by joycapecod View Post
    I also have an EOY 2 bedroom at SDO. It took about 2 hours for my last March reservation to be confirmed.

Joy

I'm not sure I understand the "two hour" comment. Two hours of calling in to a busy signal?
    Becky

I called and the call was answered immediately. I placed the request and received the confirming email within 2 hours.

Joy
    Peace, if it ever exists, will not be based on the fear of war but on the love of peace.

Herman Wouk

Quote Originally Posted by joycapecod View Post
    I called and the call was answered immediately. I placed the request and received the confirming email within 2 hours.

Joy
    Oh, okay. Got it.
    Becky

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    As long as you can call at exactly 12 months out, you (probably) will not have a problem.
    I used to own at Sheraton Broadway Planation and have reserved July 4th week every year - calling at the 12 month mark always got me that reservation.
    Did you get July 4th to stay there every year, or were you using it as a rental? If i may ask, how was your luck renting?

I own an EOY 2br at SBP and i'm not sure if i can get down there eoy thats why i ask. I'm not planning to make a career out of it, but if i could rent it out for my MF's, that would be all i need(I don't need to profit off of it)

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ridewithme38 View Post
    Did you get July 4th to stay there every year, or were you using it as a rental? If i may ask, how was your luck renting?

I own an EOY 2br at SBP and i'm not sure if i can get down there eoy thats why i ask. I'm not planning to make a career out of it, but if i could rent it out for my MF's, that would be all i need(I don't need to profit off of it)
    My ownership was at a time when Maint fees for a 1Br was $400, you could reserve July 4th week and deposit it into II and I could rent for $900.
    Last year the Maint fee was $630 and the rentals were around $700.
    Luckily, this year the Maint fee is back down to $525.

With the 2BR lock off - I think you could rent the larger side 1BR for $950ish but it is already May - last minute rentals maybe on craig's list could get $750"
    I would take the smaller 1BR and deposit it in II, good thru June 2015.

JMHO