Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HGVC Help

Also can/do maintence fees go up or are they locked in at what you sign up at?

Quote Originally Posted by sempreragdolls View Post
    Also can/do maintence fees go up or are they locked in at what you sign up at?
    Plan on the MFs to go up every year. When you purchase, you can ask the salesperson for an increase history to get an idea of about how much to expect it to go up every year.

Still wondering what ROFR is?
    Right Of First Refusal. When a HGVC deed is sold between two people, you must first submit the contract to HGVC and they have the right to purchase the constract for the contracted price before the buyer is allowed to purchase it. If it is being sold for "too low" of a price, HGVC can and does purchase the deeds.

From a seller point of view, they get their selling price either way.

From a buyer point of view, if HGVC excercises ROFR, then the seller is left w/o purchasing a deed, but any money they put toward the transaction is returned.

Kurt

Still wondering what ROFR is?
    Right of First Refusal.
    In other words, if you find a smoking cheap resale deal, Hilton has the first rights to purchase the deal from under you.
    It's a way developers use to snap up the cheap deals that they want to resell and keeps the prices somewhat artificially high because if you try to buy something super cheap they won't let you close on it. It is for the developers benefit.

Thank you again
    I thought of something else.
    I was told that points don't expire you just transfer them to honor points, is there a cost for this?

I was told that points don't expire you just transfer them to honor points, is there a cost for this?
    Yes. It costs $69. each time that you transfer to HHonors points.

Thanks, something else they forget to tell you that there is a fee

Thanks, something else they forget to tell you that there is a fee
    There is a fee for everything. It is definitely not a system for deep bargain hunters although it is good value none the less.

The fee is not so much the issue just the fact important info always seems to be left out. I was told you just convert them to HH but forgot to say for the $69

The fee is not so much the issue just the fact important info always seems to be left out. I was told you just convert them to HH but forgot to say for the $69
    A salesman is never a good source of information -- they will only say what they think will lead to a sale for them.

The HGVC Member Guide is online, and that will have every rule, fee, procedure, etc. listed. It is in PDF format, so you can search for key words which can be very useful.

Kurt

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast