Thread: HGVC - I'm guessing we should rescind?

HGVC - I'm guessing we should rescind?

So my husband and I got suckered in with 6800 bonus points today, and paid $12k for a biennial 3400 contract. I'm pretty sure we have made a mistake, the bonus points were what made him think it was a better deal than buying a resale. So should I head out to the post office? (pretty sure I don't need to ask...)

Terrible Deal.. the 6800 points are worth about $1500
    You can get an annual (which is twice what you have) 3400 points in Vegas or Orlando for less than $1,000 on ebay..

There you go. That's a straight answer.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity." Adrian Rogers

All the resales on eBay though seem to be from the sellers listed as scammers on here. How do I find a legit reseller? And will HGVC allow a resale of 3400 annual points at $1,000 under ROFR?

Quote Originally Posted by lbjen View Post
    All the resales on eBay though seem to be from the sellers listed as scammers on here. How do I find a legit reseller? And will HGVC allow a resale of 3400 annual points at $1,000 under ROFR?
    Try going to a broker's site: http://judikoz.com/ or http://www.sellingtimeshares.net/

On Ebay, I have had a good experience with CJ Timeshares.

3400 points is probably silver season, which is the lowest season. I have never heard of HGVC exercising ROFR on silver season weeks.

Thanks all - will be using the HGVC printer to print my recession letter in the AM!

Quote Originally Posted by Presley View Post
    Yep, those two have great reputations for HGVC resales. I have personally bought from Seth (second link) and was very satisfied.

3400 points is probably silver season, which is the lowest season. I have never heard of HGVC exercising ROFR on silver season weeks.
    Actually, 3400 points is a 1BR in Gold season. It is still pretty rare for HGVC to exercise Gold weeks, but I have heard of it happening.

Kurt

Sent the letter, and membership package by certified mail with return receipt this morning (and yes I used the HGVC computer to do it ). Now just got to wait for our funds back...

I also purchased form Seth Nock. He's pretty easy to work with.
    I did lose one to ROFR the first go round but eventually did get a better unit.
    I'd buy from him again.

The closer left us a voicemail today, saying we should get our deposit back in 10 days. She seemed genuinely pleasant about it all so I'm not anticipating any backlash.