Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: HGVC small contracts

FYI,
    I saw a 3 bedroom at Marbrisa for next friday for 4 days in open season today.

I have the HGVC/RCI portal and it looks like HGVC sees RCI points as well as weeks? Am I correct? If so, trading through HGVC would have a lot more to offer than WM, which has a LOT to offer already.

Quote Originally Posted by Presley View Post
    I have the HGVC/RCI portal and it looks like HGVC sees RCI points as well as weeks? Am I correct? If so, trading through HGVC would have a lot more to offer than WM, which has a LOT to offer already.
    Yes, the RCI Portal should show availability for both RCI Points and Weeks resorts if you are looking for a 7 day stay. I think if you look for < 7 days (Length Of Stay option at bottom), it will show Points resort options only. I have an RCI Points account too, and the RCI Portal via HGVC is quite similar to what you see with an RCI Points login.
    Last edited by TheWizz; 08-21-2012 at 05:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Presley View Post
    I've been looking at the Marbrisa options for a while. I'm actually considering going to the presentation just to see what they would offer me to convert my Seapointe and GPP to HGVC. From the last posts I could find, they were allowing conversions if the member bought (retail, of course) an EOY studio at Marbrisa. I just haven't been able to tell the actual worth of everything.

It seems like Marbrisa resales are going for around $3K for 5800 gold points, or 4800 Platinum. I really still cannot seem to compare all the end costs. I am assuming it is still a better bargain to buy resale and just not convert the others.

At the owners annual meeting for GPP, it sounded like upgrading without doing a whole new purchase was something that was offered only for a very limited time. They don't plan on offering that again.
    It does seem like the rules for GPP resales and entry into HGVC is changing. I bought resale GPP a few years ago (one unit open market and one unit direct from GPP Resales Dept.) and the second unit that I purchased direct from GPP allowed me to convert both units to HGVC Points. Both were PLT weeks: One was worth 8400 pts (2BR) and the second was worth 6200 pts (1BR), giving me > 14k points. This was a great way to get into HGVC via resale and also attain HGVC Elite status. It seems they might have since closed this loophole/door. I believe you can still buy resale units from the GPP Resale Dept. and convert them into HGVC Points, however, it is no longer a certainty that you can attain Elite status via this process.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123