Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HGVC small contracts

Quote Originally Posted by rikkis_playpen View Post
    With Hilton, maintenance fees are based on the underlying unit- not the points.. For example, a low season 2br (2500 pts) pays the same annual fees as a platinum 2br (7000 pts).

While your savings at the time of purchase can be substantial- your annual costs can be drastically higher- costing you much more over time.
    This is true and why I opted for the middle ground because I wanted access to the Open Season more than just the club, although it's got all the SW Florida resorts that I love in the collection.

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    Yes Marbrisa was a club reservation. I wasn't sure about availability at the time so didn't want to chance not getting something but I did see availability thru the club for open season rates.

And yes Open season is Hilton's version of renting to ONLY owners bonus time within 30 days of check in. The owner HAS to check in. They will not honor the reservation for anyone other than the owner from what I understand. I've not yet challenged this though.

Hilton does not discount the points closer to check in like Wyndham does. Instead they offer you a cash option. I much prefer the cash option myself since I'm so points poor to begin with. It's definitely a nice perk and it's open to all HGVC resale owners as well, not just direct sales.
    Bluegreen Bonus time is 45 (48online) days out to owners only as well. The Owner MUST check in. Resale owners can only reserve bonus time at their deeded resort so it is very nice that HGVC extends that benefit to all owners regardless of purchase status.

I've been looking at the Marbrisa options for a while. I'm actually considering going to the presentation just to see what they would offer me to convert my Seapointe and GPP to HGVC. From the last posts I could find, they were allowing conversions if the member bought (retail, of course) an EOY studio at Marbrisa. I just haven't been able to tell the actual worth of everything.

It seems like Marbrisa resales are going for around $3K for 5800 gold points, or 4800 Platinum. I really still cannot seem to compare all the end costs. I am assuming it is still a better bargain to buy resale and just not convert the others.

At the owners annual meeting for GPP, it sounded like upgrading without doing a whole new purchase was something that was offered only for a very limited time. They don't plan on offering that again.

Quote Originally Posted by Presley View Post
    I've been looking at the Marbrisa options for a while. I'm actually considering going to the presentation just to see what they would offer me to convert my Seapointe and GPP to HGVC. From the last posts I could find, they were allowing conversions if the member bought (retail, of course) an EOY studio at Marbrisa. I just haven't been able to tell the actual worth of everything.

It seems like Marbrisa resales are going for around $3K for 5800 gold points, or 4800 Platinum. I really still cannot seem to compare all the end costs. I am assuming it is still a better bargain to buy resale and just not convert the others.

At the owners annual meeting for GPP, it sounded like upgrading without doing a whole new purchase was something that was offered only for a very limited time. They don't plan on offering that again.
    From what I've read it's kind of tricky in Marbrisa. Some units convert and some don't so you'll want to know exactly what you are buying.

Of course you could skip the whole risky thing and just buy something that's more of a sure thing like a SW Florida affiliate. No active developer sales there, so no competing with the sales people and it seems that HGVC wants owner to convert so there is more inventory for the club. I'm imagining since there is ROFR there that that is probably the only way to add affiliate weeks to the club.

Do HGVC points work like DVC points? Is there a minimum # of nights that need to be booked? Do you have to pay for each booking (when booking less than 7 nights)?

I still think DVC has the best points system, but since they only have Disney resorts, that doesn't help much. I bought the small WorldMark contract, but it isn't easy to book the short stays at less than 90 days out.

Quote Originally Posted by Presley View Post
    Do HGVC points work like DVC points? Is there a minimum # of nights that need to be booked? Do you have to pay for each booking (when booking less than 7 nights)?

I still think DVC has the best points system, but since they only have Disney resorts, that doesn't help much. I bought the small WorldMark contract, but it isn't easy to book the short stays at less than 90 days out.
    There are three booking seasons in HGVC:

- Home Season, 9-12 months out, you can book your home week only (only the season and size that you own), no booking fee.

- Club Season, 30 days to 9 months out, you can book any resort, any season, any size, minimum 3-day reservation, $49 booking fee online.

- Open Season, 1 to 30 days out, cash rental option for any available room, 2-day minimum for cash rental, no reservation fee if cash rental, but normal Club Season fees / minimums if using club points.

Those are the general rules to get you an idea of the differences in the booking seasons.

Kurt

Thanks, Kurt.

If anyone is incredibly bored today and feels like looking up stuff, please let me know what is showing for Open Season in California, Nevada and Hawaii.

Open season in Cali is:
    Nothing for this weekend Fri, Sat, Sun in any of the 3 online resorts.
    You can only see Marbrisa, Seapointe and Palisades online. Have to call for the rest.
    Two nights for a studio only for the 17th at Marbrisa.
    Two nights in a studio at Marbrisa for the 25th
    Two nights in a 1 and 2 bedroom at Marbrisa for the 29th
    Two nights in a studio for the 30th at Marbrisa.
    That's it til July 4th where there is nothing.
    Nothing for more than 2 nights anywhere in Cali.

Much better availability in all the Vegas resorts for 3 nights and more in some including weekends.
    All sizes studios, 1,2 and 3 bedrooms.

Hawaii:
    Oahu:
    3 nights at Hawaiian Village for the 10th.
    3 nights in a studio at the Village the 11th.
    4 nights at the Grand in a 1 bedroom the 12th.
    3 nights on the 17th at Village 2 bedroom and 1 bedroom at Kalia Tower
    4 nights at Kalia on the 19th in a 1 bedroom.
    3 nights at Kalia in 1 bedroom 20, 21 and 22.
    3 nights at Village 22nd in 1 bedroom.
    Then nothing else in the open season.

4 nights in a 1 and 2 bedroom at Bay Club for the 5th of June.
    3 nights at Kingsland for June 5th in a 1 bedroom
    7 nights at Bay club for the 7th in a 2 bedroom.
    3 nights at Waikola for the 7th & 8th in a 2 bedroom.
    3 nights Kingsland 1 bedroom for the 9th.
    10 nights in Bayclub in 2 bedroom for the 10th.
    2 nights in Kingsland in a 1 bedroom for the 10th.
    2 nights Waikola in 2 bedroom for the 11th.
    2 nights Bay Club 1 bedroom the 12th.
    4 nights at all 3 resorts in all sizes for the 14th.

Awesome, thanks Christine.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast