Thread: HGVC Resale - Disney Alaskan cruise - Advice please

HGVC Resale - Disney Alaskan cruise - Advice please

If I buy an HGVC 14,000 point package now what is the likelihood I could book a Disney Alaskan cruise for med-September of this year for a family of 5?

Is it too late? thanks

I'm not sure what one has to do with the other. If you are hoping to use points to trade for a cruise, you will probably save a lot of money by just booking the cruise on cash. I have a travel agent who will give you nice on board credit if you are interested, I will PM her info to you.

Resale timeshares take 60-90 days to close and transfer.

Silver Contributor
    Try

CruisesOnly

Plug in the number of HGVC points, you can do search on it.

Also read this thread

Using HGVC points for Cruise - Timeshare Users Group Online Community Forums

As said, it takes a while for the transaction to be completed. And after add MF, purchase cost, it usually maybe much cheaper to do out of pocket purchase. Even with direct point to cruise line, there still are some extra charges.

Jya-Ning

Silver Contributor
    Saw your post in HGVC, looks like you will purchase from developer (so you will get bounce point). If you do that, they probably will arrange to have the Disney trip even before all the transaction complete as soon as you pass the rescind period. But the exchange ratio is not very favorable.

Jya-Ning

Quote Originally Posted by Jya-Ning View Post
    Saw your post in HGVC, looks like you will purchase from developer (so you will get bounce point). If you do that, they probably will arrange to have the Disney trip even before all the transaction complete as soon as you pass the rescind period. But the exchange ratio is not very favorable.

Jya-Ning
    He decided to rescind after all.

Yes, I rescinded. Best. Choice. Evar!

I am so glad I got out of the Hilton contract