Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Kindle Fire Users

Dropbox

John,

Does it work on your Fire? It doesn't seem to be in the APP store. Where did you load it from?

Thanks,
    Nancy

ps. I use it all the time on our PC's.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    John,

Does it work on your Fire? It doesn't seem to be in the APP store. Where did you load it from?

Thanks,
    Nancy

ps. I use it all the time on our PC's.
    It is very easy to install on the Kindle Fire and it works fine. Just do the following:

 Click the gear icon in the top-right corner of the Kindle Fire home screen to activate the Settings window

 Click More

 Scroll down to Device

 Scroll down to ‘Allow Installation of Applications from Unknown Sources’ and move the slider from ‘Off’ to ‘On

 You’ll be prompted to confirm you mean to do this; you agreee

 Switch to the Kindle web browser and go to https://www.dropbox.com/android (NOTE: the ‘https‘ is important!), and click Download App. This will download the Dropbox .apk file

 When the download is finished you’ll see a notification in the top left corner. Click it and scroll down to the notification that the download of the Dropbox .apk file is complete. Click the file.

 You will be prompted to install the application. Click the button

 Once installation is completed, start the Dropbox application and log in.

 Done!

This will work for other Android apps.
    John

Thanks. I'll try later and let you know if I was able to do it or not.

Have you loaded any other Android apps that are not in the Amazon Fire app store?

Nancy

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Nancy View Post
    Thanks. I'll try later and let you know if I was able to do it or not.

Have you loaded any other Android apps that are not in the Amazon Fire app store?

Nancy
    No, not yet. Do you know of any good apps that I should have? Bear in mind that I am not big on getting a whole bunch of apps that I won't use.
    John

Thanks. Got it loaded and it worked.

I haven't found any app that really I have to have. I play games and download the free app of the day. Never know when the grandkids might want them. I then store them in the Cloud until I need them.

I use Facebook and Word with Friends.

Nancy

Anybody have a Kindle Fire?

I got one today.

I got tired of using my netbook which is slow as molasses these days. I guess it's got a virus although it still works.

The iphone is way too small for me to surf on and I wanted something to take on vacations with me. I hope I made a good choice.

Anybody else here have one?
    Do you like it?
    Any good app recommendations before I fill it up with junk?

I bought one when they first came out. I had it preordered. I got it for travel as I don't want to bring my laptop anywhere with me.

I wish I could tell you more about it, but I haven't been using it. I downloaded a couple books, but found I'd rather hold a paperback than the Kindle. I have Amazon Prime, so that gives me free movies and TV shows on the Kindle. My husband has used it for watching shows and I think he put a magazine sub on there.

My husband seemed to enjoy it and use it a lot, but he hasn't lately. Maybe he lost it.

Actually I kind of like the idea of the movies and TV shows.
    How does that work? Do you have to pay extra for that?
    I'm sure nothing is free.

I was also thinking of opening an Amazon store. Has anybody sold on Amazon using the Kindle? You'd think they'd have an app for that.

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    Actually I kind of like the idea of the movies and TV shows.
    How does that work? Do you have to pay extra for that?
    I'm sure nothing is free.

I was also thinking of opening an Amazon store. Has anybody sold on Amazon using the Kindle? You'd think they'd have an app for that.
    Do you have Amazon Prime? If so, you get a lot of free movies and TV shows. Otherwise, the prices are around $1.00 - $4.00. If you don't have Amazon Prime, you may want to sign up for that. It costs $79./per year, but if you buy stuff from Amazon, you get free 2day shipping. I only recently learned that it also gives free movies and TV shows on the Kindle. It's been well worth it for me, just on the 2 day shipping alone.

I haven't looked into having an Amazon Store.

Great Value

I bought one when the first come out, and now have to fight the family for it. Everyone loves it. The picture quality is excellent. The options are amazing. Movies, Games, Audio Books, and great web access.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast