Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Legally ending a timeshare contract with Diamond Resorts

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    I know this is an old thread revived, but how long does this question have to be asked, by how many thousands of owners who want out, before the industry figures out this is their #1 problem, and if they don't do something about it, it will be timesharing's undoing?

C'mon! Is it healthy to have people continue to own something and pay fees when they don't want to, just because of threats of retaliation?

What's worse, the lying to get people to buy something that seldom works the way it was represented, or the threats to keep them owning?
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

There was an organized group that put DRI's forerunner, Sunterra's feet to the fire. This group of Scots had been sold nearly worthless small points packages by Sunterra and wanted out. Not only would Sunterra not take their weeks back, but in Europe, they did not even allow transfers unless they were to people who already owned at Sunterra. Expanding on the idea of a previous disgruntled Sunterra owner who put up the Sunterror.co.uk website, they organized the Scottish Action Group Against Sunterra and put up a website at Sunterrified.co.uk. Then they bought an old ambulance, had it repainted as the Scambulance with slogans against Sunterra, and then drove it to use as the centerpiece while they picketed Sunterra sales centers. When DRI bought out the remnants of Sunterra, their new CEO paid off the Scots and took their weeks back.

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    I know this is an old thread revived, but how long does this question have to be asked, by how many thousands of owners who want out, before the industry figures out this is their #1 problem, and if they don't do something about it, it will be timesharing's undoing?

C'mon! Is it healthy to have people continue to own something and pay fees when they don't want to, just because of threats of retaliation?

What's worse, the lying to get people to buy something that seldom works the way it was represented, or the threats to keep them owning?

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    SAGASs, huh?!

RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    What's worse.... throw in the changes that they make after the sale that really disrupt the ownership value. Including new programs that put existing owners at a disadvantage.

Quote Originally Posted by Jasonb334 View Post
    What's worse.... throw in the changes that they make after the sale that really disrupt the ownership value. Including new programs that put existing owners at a disadvantage.
    Points programs are all about moving the goal posts and making you pay for your timeshare all over again - buying air.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12