Do not buy a time share form Mayan Palace (Vida Vacation) Grupo Maya

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do not buy a time share form Mayan Palace (Vida Vacation) Grupo Maya

Last year, I was in vacation with my family in Cancum, and I was invited to be at Mayan Palace hotel, to have a briefly and quick explanation about their timeshare program.

After waist 4 hour (with my wife and kids), in a really fancy place, surrounded with a lot of promised benefits if I buy the program, I was seduced!

The main deal was: I will receive a lot of “weeks” that I can deal (rent/sale) and with this money pay the plan.

It was a really good deal, so I want to double check about this kind of benefit (I was buying a house and don’t want to have extra costs with the plan).

After I’ve asked for his confirmation about the deal, the sales man has assured that I will have no problem with that, and tell me about an entity (Global Golf Connection) that takes care of this situation (they would take my weeks and put on a pool to be rented, and in 3 months I would start to receive the money). I trusted this people and I signed with them.

This is the beginning of my problems.

After the 3 months paying the monthly fees, as I never received a contact from the company that they refer to rent my weeks (Global Golf Connection), I’ve called them asking about the rent of my weeks, but they NEVER contact me and NEVER rent nothing, so, I just pay for the plan and the benefits of the deal never materialized.

I’ve called to Vida Vacation, explaining that I’ve bought the pan based on the rent of my weeks and they’ve said that they would not assure nothing related to the rent of the weeks (it’s a completely different approach now!), and more, If I want to quit and stop to pay the contract, I will loose the money that I invested.

So, this is the way that the MAYAN PALACE company treats its customer.

If you don not want to be treated as an idiot (I trusted on the company and now I have no choice: pay or loose my money), by a completely not fair company, DO NOT DEAL WITH MAYAN PALACE (VIDA VACARION CLUB).

It’s jus a company that use a fancy place to seduce you, but indeed wants to trap you in a contract to bleed you using a not clearly and fair strategy of sales. After you sign a contract, they will keep you paying fees (monthly basis, annual basis, to remodel the apartments after some years etc) and are not be interested in treat the customer with the necessary respect.

You must to be this deal as is: a TRAP !

Que lastima!

So sorry.

Been at this 25 years myself, and I have no answers for how the industry screws folks.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

You just discovered for yourself that you can't trust somebody you just met, no matter how fancy their office looks, or how fancy they themselves look. A lot of crooks operate in such semi-legal way, and a lot of naive people would easily believe them. That's how they contract business: willing sellers find willing buyers. Thousands such "deals" made daily, has been this way for years, and will be this way for years. It was your responsibility to check facts, and to do your due diligence, and you blew it.

You can't ever find and advice here on this board: "Go ahead and buy it on presentation, it is a good deal". Just check here, or with any other reputable source, and you will get your answer.

I myself went to many presentations, mostly to learn about places and to get freebies. Last time I went, they even managed to convince my girlfriend to buy it. So what I did, I pointed out few lies in the contract in the middle of the signing process. And after some bickering, they backed out of the contract themselves. This is because they can't insist on signing the contract that is obviously fraudulent.

Comment

Originally posted by jerrry94087 View Post
        You just discovered for yourself that you can't trust somebody you just met, no matter how fancy their office looks, or how fancy they themselves look. A lot of crooks operate in such semi-legal way, and a lot of naive people would easily believe them. That's how they contract business: willing sellers find willing buyers. Thousands such "deals" made daily, has been this way for years, and will be this way for years. It was your responsibility to check facts, and to do your due diligence, and you blew it.

You can't ever find and advice here on this board: "Go ahead and buy it on presentation, it is a good deal". Just check here, or with any other reputable source, and you will get your answer.

I myself went to many presentations, mostly to learn about places and to get freebies. Last time I went, they even managed to convince my girlfriend to buy it. So what I did, I pointed out few lies in the contract in the middle of the signing process. And after some bickering, they backed out of the contract themselves. This is because they can't insist on signing the contract that is obviously fraudulent.
        It's too bad the authorities don't feel this way, and force the industry to clean things up.
        RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Comment

This case against Mayan Palace (Vida Vacation) Grupo Maya has been satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you for the opportunity to use this channel

Comment

Glad to hear it. Stick around and see if timesharing is for you at pennies of what it would have cost you.

Comment

Originally posted by jaimefilho View Post
              This case against Mayan Palace (Vida Vacation) Grupo Maya has been satisfactorily resolved.

Thank you for the opportunity to use this channel
              Why am I not surprised? Glad it worked out.

Comment

Thanks jaimefilho, also i had problems with that resort too,and also my parents were involved on that mess, the first mistake is to accept and invitation to a timeshare presentation , the timeshare sellers are very annoying , they offer free stuff , like free breakfasts, free rides, free everything , now i know that all of that was part of a hook, mayan palace is a veru tricky resort, searching on the net i found this blog that talk about the most common complaints about mayan palace resort and the possible solution to get out , for me was very helpfull, here you go , and good luck

[edited by moderator: Bad link removed, please see site rules]

Comment

Working...
                X