Hilton points rescue questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hilton points rescue questions

I'm buying a HGVC timeshare for the first time and had some questions on points rescues:

1) If there were some 2014 points that went unused, is it to late to rescue them?
    2) If they can be rescued, is there a cost?
    3) How long are rescued points good for?

Thanks!

Originally posted by thegortons View Post
    I'm buying a HGVC timeshare for the first time and had some questions on points rescues:

1) If there were some 2014 points that went unused, is it to late to rescue them?
    2) If they can be rescued, is there a cost?
    3) How long are rescued points good for?

Thanks!
    1. If the 2014 points were not rescued by the previous owner, then those points are gone. Points have to be rescued before the end of the calendar year in which they were issued.

2. Rescuing costs $99 or $76 depending if it is done over the phone by a counsellor (more) or online (less)

3. Rescued points can be used until the end of the calendar year of the following year (ie. rescuing 2015 points good until Dec 31,2016). After that, you have to deposit them into RCI to be used for exchanging.

Comment

Thanks for the very informative reply!

Looks like the 2014 points are gone then. I knew the previous owner hadn't used them and was hoping to get some freebie points out of the deal. Oh well.

Comment

Working...
      X