Back from Falls Village

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Back from Falls Village

We just got back yesterday from our trip to Falls Village in Branson. Overall it was a good experience, however I think that the resort is in desperate need of some maintenance. I think they need to drop some of the maintenance fees into that place ASAP.
    Pros: We had a one bedroom unit and that was plenty large enough for our family of four.
    We loved the whirlpool tub. The kids had almost as much fun in that as they did at the swimming pool.
    We loved having the kitchen and cooked all but one meal a day in our room.
    The location was very close to the strip.

Cons: The hide-a-bed under the couch looked incredibly uncomfortable. I'm glad I didn't have to sleep on it.
    Our refrigerator leaked water inside. It wasn't a huge problem but annoying. We told the front desk when we checked out so hopefully they will get it fixed.
    The dishwasher was incredibly loud. We only ran it before we left our room.
    The dryer took forever to dry the load of laundry that I did.
    There was a musty smell in the area where the washer/dryer were located.
    We did not have a good view in the room we were in-1711 B. The only thing we could see were more buildings.
    The mini golf course has seen it's better days, but we had fun playing it anyhow.
    The indoor pool was quite small and one afternoon when we were in there, my husband entertained about 12 other kids (other than our own 2)--I'm not sure where all of their parents were.
    It was a bit noisy in our room--we were on the bottom floor.
    The basketball court was always busy and my kiddos only got the chance to play on it once.
    I don't think you would want to stay at this place more than 3-4 days--not enough to do(if you stay at the resort) for that many days to keep a family busy.

We did not have good weather while we there. Sunday it was partly sunny, but not very warm. Monday it was downright cold and rainy. Tuesday was partly sunny again, but not all that warm. Wednesday was much nicer, but that was the day we drove home.

We went to our sales pitch--which turned out to not be much of a sales pitch after all. The guy asked us why we ended up with a sampler package and I told him we bought it to get ourselves out of a 4 hour sales pitch in Vegas. I think he realized right then and there that we were not going to be an easy sale. We spent the rest of the time chatting about our lives in Kansas and he told us about his latest vacation to Florida. Mostly we did whatever we could to fill our 60 minute time commitment. I couldn't believe that the guy did not even try to make a sale. He must not work on commission. We did have our kids in there with us--so maybe that helped get us out of there more quickly!

All in all we enjoyed out time in Branson and our kids definitely had fun playing golf and swimming. It's not the fanciest resort ever, but it was a nice getaway. I am, however, expecting bigger and better things from our trip to Big Cedar in May--hopefully I won't be dissapointed. Thanks to all those who posted and answered questions I had about Falls Village -- I appreciate you!
    Michelle
Working...
X