Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: New Orleans Recommendations

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Frank,

Is Johnny the limo guy still around? Were the prices you quoted for airport transer?

Hoc,

Great info on the sticky, thanks!
    I can call him to make sure but as far as I know he is still there
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Not sure what happened. I updated the recommendations last night, but in the most recent backup, the thread somehow became truncated. Now, I have to remember what was in the part that has been deleted. For now, I have restored the older version until I can find the newer one.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    Just heard from a buddy that the market has been all redone and is nice. Even new bathrooms and full roofs.
    The stalls on the right of the market (used to be wood, now concrete) were reconstructed, but they sit empty now. The market appears significantly smaller -- not as many sellers or shoppers -- since Katrina. I hope it comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoc View Post
    The stalls on the right of the market (used to be wood, now concrete) were reconstructed, but they sit empty now. The market appears significantly smaller -- not as many sellers or shoppers -- since Katrina. I hope it comes back.
    When we were there in Oct we saw small rooms being built, not sure if they are done yet. I agree it might be a little smaller but it was much more organized. There also was no food or fruit stands.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    When we were there in Oct we saw small rooms being built, not sure if they are done yet. I agree it might be a little smaller but it was much more organized. There also was no food or fruit stands.
    I was just there last week, and Loretta's is back (though a scaled-down version), as well as smaller versions of the fruit stand and one of the cooking stores. K-Paul's is selling lunch again, but it's a serve-yourself deli-style thing. Good for what it was, but it really disappointed me not to be able to get things like those muffins they serve at the beginning of the meal, or the blackened fish, stuffed pork chops or beef medallions with the sauces. All they had were sandwiches and one or two minor main courses. Two desserts, good but neither with the "wow" factor. For now, I have to say that we must do only dinner there.

Just an update. I just got back from Jazz Fest, and most of the vendors in the French Market and stalls are back in full force. I just updated the food recommendations based on the experiences I had this time. Someone staying at my timeshare raved about Le Foret, but I haven't tried it so I didn't add it.

Missing info for Emreil's
    http://www.emerils.com/restaurant/1/...w-Orleans/info

and Café Beignet

Are there any new updates for this thread? We will be in New Orleans the week before Christmas.

Any new updates on restaurants and must visit locations?
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

Wow, thanks for bringing this thread back to life. I've been to a few of the suggestions, but it's great to see that list.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast