Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Drum roll please.... Bluegreen Online Reservations!

You can still leave early, you just won't save the amount of points for that lost day.

Although, after review of how you are posting the same message over and over on multiple and unrelated threads, I think you 1) going a little overboard on the topic and 2) are asking a lot to expect that during a peak time that you will just get anything you want with no risk. CMV is very busy in the summer, getting a reservation is tough and many people in Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis are are very willing to jump on your reservation.
    Don

dcells

I wouldn't have taken that risk, either. The odds are way too high that someone will grab your reservation. I've done a cancel and rebook before online but I do it at a crazy time, like 2 in the morning, when I'm most sure few people are likely to be searching for my unit. But I only do it when I'm willing to take the risk.

Otherwise, I'd just treat that extra day like a late check-out benefit. I've actually done this on purpose a time or two. If we're leaving on a Sunday but I don't want to have to pack up and leave Sunday am at 10 for the 3 hour drive home from Big Cedar, I'll book us to stay through Monday morning. We leave Sunday night. Especially if we're there just for a weekend and arrived late Friday evening, it makes the drive worthwhile.

I would also say that I think Bluegreen's reservation system is excellent overall, and in the scheme of things. It would be nice if they could adjust a reservation without canceling and rebooking, but to dismiss the system as poor because of that is painting with too broad a brush.

As always, timesharing works best if you can plan ahead and stick to those plans. It's on us to know what we want.

Anita

You can still leave early, you just won't save the amount of points for that lost day. [This was understood and was the reason for the posting. I didn't feel that I had to state the obvious.]

Although, after review of how you are posting the same message over and over on multiple and unrelated threads, I think you 1) going a little overboard on the topic and 2) are asking a lot to expect that during a peak time that you will just get anything you want with no risk. CMV is very busy in the summer, getting a reservation is tough and many people in Chicago, Milwaukee and Minneapolis are are very willing to jump on your reservation.
    [1) Yes, I did go overboard. Thanks for pointing it out, but I was venting a bit and won't happen again, 2) I don't understand your statement at all and I believe you missed the whole point of my posting. That's okay, though, and I don't plan to try to convince you of my opinion.

Anita -- thanks for your feedback on your experience (changing the reservation on line). The idea of checking out later than 10AM is also very helpful. And finally, yes, now having the on-line reservation system was a great improvement. I take back my broad description ("poor"), so let me just say that it isn't perfect, but what is.... Thanks again. --Dan

Quote Originally Posted by dcells View Post
    but I was venting a bit and won't happen again,
    You probably overlook one aspects

The on-line reservation is only happen in recent year. Most of the companies in TS industries are really not plan to have a system allow its owner to mess up their inventories when they first started. It used to be you have to call VC and rely on them. A lot of their operations if can not be done vie computer, they can manually update back-end. So there are big holes in a lot of specific operations and what you can do now vie an on-line system. But if the company willing to improve its relationship with its TS owners, they will add these functions eventually. So in 10 or 20 years, you will expect the system continue to improve.

Don't forget, a lot of TS companies has discount/benfits to people that purchased from them, it all add complexity to a system since you are not deal with hotel rental model, where one companies owns the whole inventories, so, if anything wrong, they company can eat it or cancel all the transactions. In this case, all owners pay their fair share and together own the inventories, so if anything went wrong, none will eat the loss, and cancel will only cost all the owner that has reservations on it. The more complex on these operations, the more hard it can be designed/programed right.

Enjoy your vacation

Jya-Ning

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678