Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Info about France/Paris and other cities....

OK, I'm confused. What are the differences and advantages of the Metro Pass, Visite Pass, and Un Carnet.

We plan to take a bus from CDG to the Arch, where our hotel is located - and then back again for our return. At this point, I think we'll be staying in Paris for the entire week - except for a trip to Versailles. There will be just 2 of us and we plan to walk a lot because we enjoy that. What would experience visitors to Paris suggest to be our best option?

Sue

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Sue, I have no comment about the best transportation pass as DD and I were only there for two days...but PLEASE take the time to do the boat trip on the Seine I posted about - it was a fabulous way to see the highlights of the city.

We also went to the Louvre around 11 pm and it was soooooo beautiful at night.
    We then returned the next day and visited the museum.

Near the Arch de Triumph/Marriott Hotel is a bakery/café called Paul's PAUL - they also had a cart near the Louvre and a small kiosk at the Tower of London - in London! We had lunch, dinner and snacks from that store - what wonderful bread and pastries.
    Here is someone's Blog about Paul's! paris breakfasts: Boulangerie PAUL

Thanks Pat. We'll have to check it out. We're staying at the Hilton. I earned so many points a couple of years ago when I was almost living in Salt Lake City that we've got the entire week for free - and I still have points left. Finally the payoff for all that time away from home.

I'll have to see where the Marriott and that cafe is in relation to where we're staying.

Paris Marriott Champs-Elysées

The Paris Marriott Hotel Champs Elysees is one of the best luxury hotels in Paris, France. Located on the Avenue des Champs-Elysees, this central Paris hotel is just steps away from major city tourist attractions such as the Arc de Triomphe

Not sure if this is your Hilton Hilton Arc de Triomphe Paris hotel

edit - don't worry - apparently Paul's is ALL OVER the city...LOL!

Pat

Sue, I have no comment about the best transportation pass as DD and I were only there for two days...but PLEASE take the time to do the boat trip on the Seine I posted about - it was a fabulous way to see the highlights of the city.
    I'm going to take it.....It sounds great, and very reasonable, too. Thanks!

PS.....Can I book this while in Paris, which is what I'd like to do? Or, should I book this in advance?
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsieAng View Post
    I'm going to take it.....It sounds great, and very reasonable, too. Thanks!

PS.....Can I book this while in Paris, which is what I'd like to do? Or, should I book this in advance?
    Yes, wait until you arrive - they have many trips a day....the 'lunch' and 'dinner' cruise are expensive but just the tour is great - I would try to take it early in the week because it really helps to orient you to the city layout. It is wonderful to see the Eiffel Tower, and Notre Dame from the river - and there are many beautiful bridges that u pass under.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    Yes, wait until you arrive - they have many trips a day....the 'lunch' and 'dinner' cruise are expensive but just the tour is great - I would try to take it early in the week because it really helps to orient you to the city layout. It is wonderful to see the Eiffel Tower, and Notre Dame from the river - and there are many beautiful bridges that u pass under.
    OK, thanks! I'm really starting to get excited, whoo hoo!

Now, I just have to figure out how to pack light, for this trip.
    Angela

The Art of Packing Light......For Paris!
    By Karen Fawcett

http://www.travellady.com/Issues/Mar...ckingLight.htm
    Angela

Great Information and a Great Thread!

Thank you for the time and effort of putting this great thread together!

It is now on the Sticky List.

Thank Again,

Walt

PS: If anyone has pictures of their trip to Paris please post them here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast