Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Premier Owner Benefits

Long rumored Bronze and Platinum levels were announced at the Bluegreen Vacation Club Annual meeting on Sept 25, 2007.

Bronze level will be 15000 points.
    Platinum level will be 60000 points.

Silver will remain 20000 points.
    Gold will remain 35000 points.

The benefits at each level have not yet been finalized. We will post them here when they are released.

It's 2008. Any word on the new preferred levels?

Quote Originally Posted by BocaBum99 View Post
    No word on Bronze and Platinum. I was told that they are waiting for their new system to be implemented first.

If that's the case, then it will exciting to see what benefits will be in the new programs.
    Jim,

It's now 2008. Any word on when bronze and platinum will be implemented?

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by crwisconsin View Post
    Jim,

It's now 2008. Any word on when bronze and platinum will be implemented?

Charles
    Not Yet.

Today, buying resale still qualifies owners for these preferred member and VIP benefits. This could change at any time.

With this in mind, would it be wise to buy enough resale points to get to Platinum(new) level before Bluegreen may decide to not let people upgrade via resale market?

Quote Originally Posted by BransonIOWA View Post
    With this in mind, would it be wise to buy enough resale points to get to Platinum(new) level before Bluegreen may decide to not let people upgrade via resale market?
    The original post was in March of 2006. As of Feb 21, 2007, Bluegreen started enforcing the no transfer rule on resale accounts not purchase through an authorized reseller.

So, if you want Preferred owner benefits, you must purchase them through a an authorized reseller. I am a referral agent for one. So, if you are interested in Silver or Gold, I can help.

As far as purchasing ahead of time to get to Platinum, I know many people who did this successfully prior to Feb 21, 2007 to get Gold benefits and position themselves for Platinum.

My recommendation is to wait until Platinum benefits are announced along with the qualification criteria. That's because we don't know a) if the benefits are worth the cost or b) what the qualification criteria will be. It could be that platinum benefits are only achievable by a purchase directly from Bluegreen. You never know.

So, those strategies can pay off, but there is always risk in them.

Mok,

I believe you have a good understanding of the situation. You can buy points off eBay and they will still be good for use as points. But, you won't be able to get them to count toward preferred owner status.

When buying on eBay, you need to watch out for hidden fees. To close a Bluegreen transaction that does not receive bonus time or preferred owner benefits, the closing fee should just be $225. And, you should NOT reimburse for annual dues of $115 plus sales tax because that is billed directly to the owner by Bluegreen. If you pay it to the seller, you will be charged again.

Lastly, some eBay sellers do a flip purchase. That means they find a seller, agree to a price. Then, they list it on eBay to find the buyer. Then, they open escrow to close. What happens is a double closing. Once from the seller into the name of the ebayer. Then, from the eBayer to you. That takes twice as long to close. It can take 4-6 months to close. That is painful, especially when you aren't getting developer benefits.

If you are interested in alternatives to eBay and would like developer benefits. Let me know. I can tell you the options for getting it for a relatively good deal.

Jim are you saying here that points purchased on Ebay are not eligible for bonus time, etc.?

Quote Originally Posted by mymkmail View Post
    Jim are you saying here that points purchased on Ebay are not eligible for bonus time, etc.?
    That is correct. You must purchase them from Bluegreen or a Bluegreen authorized reseller. If you are interested in getting bonus time or such benefits, send me a pm and I'll show you how to get them.

That is correct. You must purchase them from Bluegreen or a Bluegreen authorized reseller.
    We've been reading about the preferred benefit, we've discovered that we need to buy points from an authorized reseller to get the preferred benefits. Is there anything we can do to salvage points purchased from eBay? Do we have to start over?

Quote Originally Posted by LindaS View Post
    We've been reading about the preferred benefit, we've discovered that we need to buy points from an authorized reseller to get the preferred benefits. Is there anything we can do to salvage points purchased from eBay? Do we have to start over?
    Contact Boca Bum directly by clicking on his name. You can send him an email or a private message on this forum. He will contact you. He has great knowledge and can speak to you specifically.
    Mike H
    Wyndham Fairshare Plus Owners, Be cool and join the Wyndham/FairfieldHOA forum!

Thanks for the suggestion, Mike.

Boca Bum seems to be highly regarded by the forum members. He's a reseller, and I wouldn't feel comfortable contacting him privately until we're considering a points purchase. We'll follow your suggestion to contact him then.

We didn't fall for the expensive Developer pitch, but bought the one-year trial package. Then we found cheap points on eBay. Now we've found Timeshare Forums. Maybe not the best order.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast