Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sydney... Some advice please....

Sydney... Some advice please....

It's Mother's day and so I asked my wife today where she wants to go next summer. She said, "Fiji and Australia"

I think we will do 3 weeks. Probably in July. We will probably stay in the WorldMark Fiji for a week. Given it's winter in July down under, what would you recommend?

We could do Cairns. I think it might be too cold to spend much time in Syndey. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BocaBum99 View Post
    It's Mother's day and so I asked my wife today where she wants to go next summer. She said, "Fiji and Australia"

I think we will do 3 weeks. Probably in July. We will probably stay in the WorldMark Fiji for a week. Given it's winter in July down under, what would you recommend?

We could do Cairns. I think it might be too cold to spend much time in Syndey. Do you have any recommendations?

Thanks!
    You mean all I have to do is ask????
    What a wonderful trip! I always look longingly at those sightings of Fiji

You will love Worldmark in Fiji! The onsite restaurant was very good and prices were much better than the nearby Sheraton and other hotels.

July is a very popular time to be in Cairns. Sorry, we haven't made it to Cairns yet so I can't give you any advice there. I will pm Chubby to see if he is around since he has been.

The Whitsunday Islands in Northern Queensland are beautiful. Have always wanted to go there.

It's cold in Sydney in July but really not that cold when compared to Winter in Europe or many North American states. You could get by with a warm coat or sweater.

Depends what you want to see and do. What kind of holiday do you want? Does your wife like sightseeing, chilling out, adventure, etc?
    Syd

I've been to Sydney a few times and I absolutely love the city. I think my family would love it, too.

What my wife really loves is nature. We go to national parks all the time and my boys always go through the junior ranger program.

My last trip down under, I rented a car, scared myself to death driving on the left side of the road and drove into the Blue Mountains. That was fabulous.

I want to scuba dive. But, I think that will only be my oldest son and me and my wife has retired from diving.

Whenever I've been to Australia, it's always been on business. So, I'd like to do some exploring. It seems the temps in Sydney in July are low 60's as the highs. 40's at night. That's doable.

If your wife hasn't been to the Blue Mountains, she will love it. We are only about an hour away from the Blue Mountains. So please contact me when you're here and I will gladly take you around.
    Are you thinking of coming this July or July 2009. I was just going to say that by July 2009, we will be in our newly built home so could have you over to stay or even for a meal while you're in Sydney!
    Syd

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    If your wife hasn't been to the Blue Mountains, she will love it. We are only about an hour away from the Blue Mountains. So please contact me when you're here and I will gladly take you around.
    Are you thinking of coming this July or July 2009. I was just going to say that by July 2009, we will be in our newly built home so could have you over to stay or even for a meal while you're in Sydney!
    Yes, July 2009. Cool. We will definitely stop by.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    You mean all I have to do is ask????
    What a wonderful trip! I always look longingly at those sightings of Fiji
    Hehe - I'm going to try that with Hawaii and see what he says.
    Syd

Quote Originally Posted by Sydney View Post
    Hehe - I'm going to try that with Hawaii and see what he says.
    Have you been to Hawaii? It's so close to Australia relative to the rest of the US.

Okay, we are getting closer on this trip.

We are thinking a week in Fiji, a week in Sydney and a week in Cairns.

The only open questions are:

1) Should we consider going the New Zealand for a week? I don't want to be out of the country for 4 weeks, though. Or, shorten our Australian trip?

2) Should be do less than a week in Syndey and drive up the coast? Or is it better to a week in each location?

3) Which order should we do the trip?

Any advice?

That is a heck of a trip under consideration. Wonderful to be able to explore to that extent.

I know my opinion doesn't matter on this, but as a wine person, I would visit New Zealand. At least, you could bring back a case for your good friend, Don
    Don

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast