Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Welcome to the General Timeshare Discussions forum!

It sounds to me as if you may have an annual "developer bonus week" and a regular triannual deeded week. Do you have any kind of a certificate from RCI that came with your package?

Developer bonus weeks are usually only good for surplus inventory in the RCI system, i.e., weeks that wouldn't be used anyway and that don't have much rental value. They are a bit more useful if you can do last minute.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

bonus weeks

What type of exchange fees are involved with using RCI"S exchange weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Ra Shara View Post
    We really didn't think we be using it in Vegas per say. We were told oh great for trading power!

Okay I have found some info...1 RCI vacation every yr 2007 and 1 deeded week every 3rd yr. Deeded week #30 occupancy begins 2007. My RCi application says Unit # Float?? No of Intervals 1 Yr of ownership 2007 Time division R. I hope I am making some sense!

Thank you again.
    You need to look at your RCI membership. It should tell you if you are RCI point owner or week owner only. Very likely, you belong to RCI point. And you need to look at what kind of restrictions your every year RCI week can match. Not owner there, so I am saying something beyond my knowledge. Based on RCI site, it is a point resort. And the point value for your deed week which is week 30 is 49,000 RCI point.

If you are really point owner, you need to see if RCI also manage your resort trading system or not. Read RCI point disclaimer book, in one section, it tell you when you can start make reservation on your home resort, onb your resort chain, and on everything else. Not every point resort open on the day the book say, but it gives you some idea when you should start planning to use your vacation week.

Sounds like you are floating unit, I am not sure about your week. You can call the resort and check, very likely, it is floating around every season except prime season.

You need to establish your RCI account if you have not done so. I will guess you are paying RCI membership fee at this moment anyway.

After you set up your RCI on-line, you can start watch them, you can look at Extra vacation and Last call at the Vacation offer. If the Extra Vacation is low, very likely, you can call RCI VC to use your developer bonus RCI week to match it. Not sure if you have to deposit the week to RCI to be able to do the point search or not, if you can do point search, do some, it will give you some idea what you can and can not do. With point account, at 45 days (Can not remember the exact day, but I believe it is this range), you can grab any RCI week with 9,000 RCI points. So you can use that to increase your travel time. Since you have kids, you may not get too many choices if you go that route.

More likely, you use 49,000 points to make like 3 or 4 day travels.

I will suggest you try on your resort as starting point, but does not look like you planning to go to Vagas, if that is the case, when you call your resort, you need to tell them you want to deposit it to RCI, and ask them to guide you through the deposit process.

Quote Originally Posted by wandering gnome View Post
    What type of exchange fees are involved with using RCI"S exchange weeks?
    I only get it once, I believe the developer's bonus week cost the regular RCI exchange fee. But there are more restriction on when and where it can be used.

Jya-Ning

Resale Grandview

Hi John

We recently got a call from Five Star resorts and offered to rent or sell our timeshare at Grandview in Las Vegas.

Have you heard anything about them?

Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Hi John

We recently got a call from Five Star resorts and offered to rent or sell our timeshare at Grandview in Las Vegas.

I did not. And that means you should run away from them if they ask money upfront, or if once you allow them to rent, it becomes their solely control, and you can not pull out.

Since you ask this question, it is apparently that they are not be able to rent like those hotel. So they are no better than you try to rent it out yourselves.

Jya-Ning

Hi I'm new to this site. I am looking for information about renting at Los Tules in Puerto Vallarta without going through the resort. I understood when we were there last year that there were a couple people who had many units to rent privately, but I haven't been able to locate them using google or bing. Does anyone know about private rentals there?
    Aurorakate

You might try redweek.com

one of our members--cz-- either owns or once owned there, so you might want to PM him.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by frogdog View Post
    Hi John

I have never heard of them. I am not familiar with renting as I have never done that. I sold one of my timeshares a couple years ago. I sold it myself which is what I recommend. It is ridiculous to pay somebody a commission for something you can do yourself.
    John

Hi !!
    I am sorry about this silly question, I am new here and would like to know how to start a new post. Do not seem to find the icon for new post. Sorry and thanks
    caro

Help

Hi John,

I bought what they told me a time share with points in the RCI system from Porter III solutions, Buddy and Faye. Dennis beaver atheir sales rep.gave a presentation in Ruidoso,NM when I was there . I paid him 3500.00 to get it. The deed was supposed to arrive in thre months. It did not. I have been calling and calling. Noone retruns my calls. How do I handle this?
    Is tehera time share lawyer?
    Please advise.

G

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast