Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royal Holiday Club

I just booked 10 days in a one bedroom condo in Paris for April. I have booked multiple units in Rome and London in the past. I can't complain. Ben

Thanks for the information about the language issues. I guess RHC doesn't have that excuse (language barrier) for why they are so hard to deal with!

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMid View Post
    It's not their command of the English language that we're referring to. Their customer service agents are as nice as they can be and all speak great English from Mexico City. It's that you can never get the same answer, or it's another department's responsibility, or you haven't paid this or you haven't paid that, or no you can't combine your accounts or yes you can, etc. etc.
    Point taken Joe. So I have to wait until I actually become an owner to feel the pain. I thought by calling prior to purchasing I could tell how workable they were.

Too bad there isn't an RHC contact here like Mark for SFX or Madge for RCI. Maybe in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrick View Post
    Too bad there isn't an RHC contact here like Mark for SFX or Madge for RCI. Maybe in the future.
    I doubt it. You're comparing apples and lemons. Exchange companies do exist to make money but they aren't slimy weasley timeshare developers. RHC are some of the worst. They're selling a product that is virtually worthless, you can't do much with 5000 of their points. Now 100,000, then we're talking something that has some value.

Affinia Dumont NYC

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMid View Post
    I just carried over my 'leftover' points from 2006 to 2007, paid my 07 MFs, and booked two 2BRs at Affinia Dumont NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving day parade 07.
    JoeMid

What a great place to spend Thanksgiving 2007

Royal Holiday

I have 30,000 points with approx 20 years left to run. Very willing to negotiate LOW price + transfer fee.

Quote Originally Posted by ehlee View Post
    thanks guys, that was super-helpful! now to just convince the wife that the investment is worth it!
    I personally think that it's worth it. But you need to be really clear about what you are getting yourself into. The administration of the club is a nightmare. You will occasionally find yourself having to pay an extra annual fee, or being told something by a Vacation Counselor that is total BS simply because that counselor does not know and does not want to take the time to find out. There will be times when you cannot get documented confirmation of your reservation and you will have to go to your destination, taking it on faith that there will actually be a room for you when you get there.

But, if you are not a high-strung personality type and are willing to accept some irritations like the above, and lack of diligence by the club, you can get some very nice vacations in some very nice places for reasonable prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Mexicokate View Post
    I have 30,000 points with approx 20 years left to run. Very willing to negotiate LOW price + transfer fee.
    Be aware that a "LOW price + transfer fee" nowadays is free, plus you pay most or all of the transfer fee. Anything more than that is about market, not a low price.

You can get it for free!

DONT PAY ANYTHING DOWN ON RHC! You can obtain an account from ANYONE who is wanting to unload theirs on [SPAM LINK REMOVED}
    They are literally giving their memberships away, all you do is take over maintenance fees.

I would consider giving my RHC membership up also...

MT

HUGE question!!

How the H*** do you get in touch with anyone who knows how to answer questions with RH? My husband and I (in Cancun) agreed to a 7 year contract for X number of points...when we got home and read everything and tried to schedule a vaction we realized what a mistake we had made. According to our contract we had 5 "business days" to send a letter canceling our membership! Do you know what an ordeal it is to send something registered mail to mexico???? I hope they meant post marked in 5 days. Anyway, every number I call gives me someone who says they don't handle that!!! Any help is greatly appreaciated!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast