Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Royal Holiday Club

thanks guys, that was super-helpful! now to just convince the wife that the investment is worth it!

sorry, one more question: i noticed when looking around for resales that the MFs differ, even for memberships of the same point size. Is this a misprint or are the MFs based on the time the TS was purchased? Are the MFs fixed for the full 30 years? When looking on the resale market, it seems I need to be aware of the total number of points but also watching the number years remaining on the membership... am i missing anything?

For the standard points packages, the MFs should be the same for the exact same level of points. Some owners/sellers may not be quoting the right MFs or may not have noted the latest change, yes, they do continuously move upward. Generally, the higher the number of points in a package the lower the per point MF is going to be. Most contracts you see for sale out there these days have 20-25 years remaining on them. Just take the plunge and buy the biggest/cheapest package you can find/afford.

You can 'unify' several smaller contracts to end up with a larger point package with the lower per point fees, but boy is that another admin pain.

Edited to say that latest info is you can only combine TWO contracts, not several or more. I got several several done before they shut it down.

thanks again.

Mixed Bag

Royal Holiday Club (RHC) owns a few timeshare facilities, but leases most resorts. The facilities owned by Royal Holiday Club have "Park Royal" in their name (e.g. Park Royal Pirimides in Cancun). RHC leases most locations. When RHC leases a location, they guarantee a minimum payment and the resort provides a maximum number of units during the term of the lease. Those units are available to members on a first-come first-served basis.

Customer Service is fair. The Customer Service people generally have limited knowledge of the resort area and the specific resort. Their language skills are limited, with Spanish as the primary language.

Quote Originally Posted by ehlee
    RHC appears to have some great resorts in some great locations. The M/Fs are right. I'm just curious as to why you can buy these TS on the market for so little? 30K points for less than $2000? Any opinions as to why this is? Is this just the best TS deal out there?
    I second what other have said about the reasons for RHC's low resale price (which makes even Fairfield's look good.) My impression is that many people who bought from RHC feel they were lied to, they now depise RHC's guts, and now will do anything to be free of them. And, of course, the notoriously poor customer service is another factor.

PEMCO, do you speak Spanish? I'm wondering if that is necessary when dealing with RHC.

I attended a high-pressure RHC presentation years ago (1997) in Freeport. Not a pleasant experience. Even today, whenever I hear the name "Royal Holiday Club," their theme song starts playing in my head!!!

I just carried over my 'leftover' points from 2006 to 2007, paid my 07 MFs, and booked two 2BRs at Affinia Dumont NYC for Macy's Thanksgiving day parade 07.

I was able to book New Years Eve 06 in London at Allen House for about 25K points which makes it around $400-500 in terms of M/F... A pretty good deal but not sure I can use it so have offered to family and if not I will deposit it into SFX.

Mary
    Traveling Broadens the mind and I want to do more French Quarter Fest in New Orleans is my favourite festival

I have called RHC numerous times this summer checking on contracts. All the people I spoke with had excellent English. I don't know where they were from or where they were located as we spoke but I did not have a language challenge. (The best English speakers I meet are Germans on holiday in the US. They stand out to me because their English is very articulate and free of American slang and jargon. I haven't talked to a German rep at RHC yet.)

If you are concerned with communicating with RHC, call before you buy and get an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by bigrick View Post
    I have called RHC numerous times this summer checking on contracts. All the people I spoke with had excellent English. I don't know where they were from or where they were located as we spoke but I did not have a language challenge. (The best English speakers I meet are Germans on holiday in the US. They stand out to me because their English is very articulate and free of American slang and jargon. I haven't talked to a German rep at RHC yet.) If you are concerned with communicating with RHC, call before you buy and get an idea.
    It's not their command of the English language that we're referring to. Their customer service agents are as nice as they can be and all speak great English from Mexico City. It's that you can never get the same answer, or it's another department's responsibility, or you haven't paid this or you haven't paid that, or no you can't combine your accounts or yes you can, etc. etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast