Thread: The Canyons Executive Board running roughshod over owners

The Canyons Executive Board running roughshod over owners

The Canyons Executive Board has pushed through Maint Fee increases in excess of 16% over the past two years, without any input from Owners.

I, for one, don't believe the GS budgeting process is being conducted as required by the governing documents (Declaration of Condiminium).

In the GS Condominium Declaration (section 14) it states:

Section 14.1 Association Budgets. ... The Association shall adopt annually a budget of Common Expenses and Limited Common Expenses for the Condominium Project which budget shall be composed of three seperate parts: the "Common Facilities Budget," the "Quartershare Unit Budget," and the "Commercial Unit Budget" as described hereinafter in this Article 14.

There is a requirement that each quatershare owner recieve both the Common Facilities Budget and the Quartershare Unit Budget by mail. I have never received these documents, only a single commingled budget. This makes it impossible to determine if Owners funds are being used to subsidize the commerical operations.

Furthermore, Section 14.5 requires the Executive Boad to vote on these budgets "not later than sixty (60) days prior to the commencement of the fiscal year." The paperwork I have says that vote was scheduled and taken on April 30, 2007, one (1) day before the start of the fiscal year (May 1). The way they are running this process, limits the owner's ability to object to the budget, consult with other owners, or challenge the result before the start of the fiscal year.

Anyone else care to comment?

Was partnering with the helicopter tour company mentioned at the latest HOA meeting?

Anyone know?

btw- don'tcha love how the press releases make it a point to say that these flights don't go over any residential neighborhoods.