Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Full Disclosure

Full Disclosure

When I first got involved with this forum, I did it out of my love and passion for timesharing and the Bluegreen Vacation Club. I felt that Bluegreen was under represented on the major timesharing boards and BigFrank gave me a chance to correct that situation by appointing me moderator of this board. That was early in 2006. I've had a blast with it ever since and during the past year, I have made literally dozens of great friends with a common passion.

Last summer, I decided to retire from my high tech career and timeshare full time. I got a real estate license and decided to see if I could build a business in timesharing. I gave myself 2 years and if it didn't work, I'd go back to high tech and move my family back to California where I grew up. Now, after 10 months of doing it full time, I thought it was the right time to fully disclose it to this board. It actually is possible to make a good living in timesharing. What was originally just a highly addictive hobby, I have turned into a full time business.

What does this mean for the board? Well, as long as BigFrank, the rest of the site staff and you the viewers want me here, I'll stay and help you out as much as I can. I will always seek first to help you with an issue or question you have. If I can help you out with a new purchase, upgrade, trade in, rental or anything else, I'll take it private. This board is a non-commercial site and I will always seek to keep it friendly to people who just want to ask questions and get the truth about what is happening in Bluegreen.

Thanks for a wonderful year or so on this board. I hope for many more to come.

Jim

No problems here. Please don't go anywhere! Your knowledge and imput are way too valuable.

I hope your business continues to do well.

Todd

Congratulations on your retirement!!!

I wondered how you could travel SO MUCH with a career! Telecommuting has its limits.

I have to say, I'm jealous. I'd LOVE to chuck the day job.

I wish you great success in order that you don't have to go back to the office and the hi-tech rat race. If anyone can make a go of this, it's You. Just be sure to let me know when your empire has grown large enuf to need an assistant

Quote Originally Posted by BoardGirl View Post
    Congratulations on your retirement!!!

I wondered how you could travel SO MUCH with a career! Telecommuting has its limits.

I have to say, I'm jealous. I'd LOVE to chuck the day job.

I wish you great success in order that you don't have to go back to the office and the hi-tech rat race. If anyone can make a go of this, it's You. Just be sure to let me know when your empire has grown large enuf to need an assistant
    Are you a good web and backend database developer? If so, I have something that will enable you to fire your boss and start your health club.

Considering that my boss just quit and the job is getting dicey, the intrigue is High. I'm a data girl, many years of SQL Server.

I think it's beneficial to have members here who timeshare for a living, as long as the information those members provide is accurate and unbiased. Boca, you provide great information, so having you here is really helpful!

My impression is that there are a number of members here who started timesharing purely to take personal vacations, and then gradually branched out into renting or selling timeshares. As long as these members aren't spamming the boards with ads, I don't see why this should be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JudyS View Post
    I think it's beneficial to have members here who timeshare for a living, as long as the information those members provide is accurate and unbiased. Boca, you provide great information, so having you here is really helpful!

My impression is that there are a number of members here who started timesharing purely to take personal vacations, and then gradually branched out into renting or selling timeshares. As long as these members aren't spamming the boards with ads, I don't see why this should be a problem.
    I feel the same way.

Having people who are making a living at TS is a huge help to this community.
    Bill

I don't see any issue at all as long as interests are disclosed. As with all matters in life, you will stand or sink based on the input you provide.

There are many people who post regularly here and at TUG who make self-serving posts, intended to influence the value of timeshares they are buying or selling. I am much more comfortable with a person who does this professionally with full disclosure than I am with individuals where I always have a nagging question about their possible motivations and conflicts.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

Quote Originally Posted by BocaBum99 View Post
    When I first got involved with this forum, I did it out of my love and passion for timesharing and the Bluegreen Vacation Club. I felt that Bluegreen was under represented on the major timesharing boards and BigFrank gave me a chance to correct that situation by appointing me moderator of this board. That was early in 2006. I've had a blast with it ever since and during the past year, I have made literally dozens of great friends with a common passion.

Last summer, I decided to retire from my high tech career and timeshare full time. I got a real estate license and decided to see if I could build a business in timesharing. I gave myself 2 years and if it didn't work, I'd go back to high tech and move my family back to California where I grew up. Now, after 10 months of doing it full time, I thought it was the right time to fully disclose it to this board. It actually is possible to make a good living in timesharing. What was originally just a highly addictive hobby, I have turned into a full time business.

What does this mean for the board? Well, as long as BigFrank, the rest of the site staff and you the viewers want me here, I'll stay and help you out as much as I can. I will always seek first to help you with an issue or question you have. If I can help you out with a new purchase, upgrade, trade in, rental or anything else, I'll take it private. This board is a non-commercial site and I will always seek to keep it friendly to people who just want to ask questions and get the truth about what is happening in Bluegreen.

Thanks for a wonderful year or so on this board. I hope for many more to come.

Jim
    Hi Jim,
    We need your expertise in this forum.
    I do not see any conflict as you have let known your intentions clearly.
    Prasad

Boca,

So if I understand this correctly, you are making a full time independent career out of buying and selling timeshares. Most likely of the Bluegreen variety? And you built up a decent following in 10 months?

Thats Great!
    Flying at MACH4 +

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast