Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: How can you determine the PFD value? Christmas Mountain UDI PFD?

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Wait a minute - can this be done on an annual basis, or is it a one-time conversion?
    You can do 4 PFD units a year....and post # 8 is the way to go (as per Lawren2 ). I believe the maint fee for that ownership in #8 is about $1250.

But I purchased a CMV UDI so want to maximize that deposit. I have a "free" points account with my BG ownership.

I'm totally confused. Can anyone convert their week into RCI points? Is their a fee involved? What am I missing?

My non converted week is a lock-off equal to 2 - 1 bdrms. Converted into RCI points that would equal 91,000 points. Currently, I get under 60,000 points for both units.

edited to add:

Are the point values the same with points & weeks? Is there normally more availability in one catagory vs the other? What are the benefits of being in points vs weeks, or visa versa?
    Angela

If you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.

BTW, I'm still keeping track of how many times you annoy me.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Ok, it sounds like my Hawaii week may be worthwhile after all, if I can figure out how to get a cheap points account going. Thanks to all!

Quote Originally Posted by ArtsieAng View Post
    I'm totally confused. Can anyone convert their week into RCI points? Is their a fee involved? What am I missing?

My non converted week is a lock-off equal to 2 - 1 bdrms. Converted into RCI points that would equal 91,000 points. Currently, I get under 60,000 points for both units.

edited to add:

Are the point values the same with points & weeks? Is there normally more availability in one catagory vs the other? What are the benefits of being in points vs weeks, or visa versa?
    You can only use PFD when the resort you own has never sold a points ownership. If they have, then you have to do a full blown conversion at (most likely) a high conversion fee and then it is points forever.

The fee for PFD is $26.

Here is the definition of PFD from the RCI Glossary:

1. Points for Deposit - 
    A program in which RCI PointsŪ subscribing members who also own timeshare at participating RCIŪ Weeks affiliated resorts can receive Points for their RCI Weeks deposits for a small fee (for non-commercial use only), even if that resort is not an RCI Points affiliated resort.

The RCI Weeks ownership is not being permanently converted to a Points ownership. Points for Deposit is a one-off transaction which allows a member to exchange a specific Week for a defined number of Points to be used in the RCI Points Exchange program rather than using that Week in the RCI Weeks Exchange program.. The member decides which weeks to use for the program and which to leave in the RCI Weeks system, one deposit at a time (up to four weeks per year). If the member to receive Points for a particular deposit, that inventory is moved to the RCI Points system, and the member may exchange the Points received for vacations at RCI Points affiliated resorts or RCI Points Partner services.

To take advantage of this opportunity, and to determine how many Points you can receive, call 1-877-968-7476. Please note that some resort ownerships are not eligible for the Points for Deposit program or the RCI Points Partner program.

Thanks so much for the info! I'm going to look into this, and if my week is eligible, give it a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by philsfan View Post
    You can only use PFD when the resort you own has never sold a points ownership. If they have, then you have to do a full blown conversion at (most likely) a high conversion fee and then it is points forever.

The fee for PFD is $26.

Here is the definition of PFD from the RCI Glossary:

1. Points for Deposit - 
    A program in which RCI PointsŪ subscribing members who also own timeshare at participating RCIŪ Weeks affiliated resorts can receive Points for their RCI Weeks deposits for a small fee (for non-commercial use only), even if that resort is not an RCI Points affiliated resort.

The RCI Weeks ownership is not being permanently converted to a Points ownership. Points for Deposit is a one-off transaction which allows a member to exchange a specific Week for a defined number of Points to be used in the RCI Points Exchange program rather than using that Week in the RCI Weeks Exchange program.. The member decides which weeks to use for the program and which to leave in the RCI Weeks system, one deposit at a time (up to four weeks per year). If the member to receive Points for a particular deposit, that inventory is moved to the RCI Points system, and the member may exchange the Points received for vacations at RCI Points affiliated resorts or RCI Points Partner services.

To take advantage of this opportunity, and to determine how many Points you can receive, call 1-877-968-7476. Please note that some resort ownerships are not eligible for the Points for Deposit program or the RCI Points Partner program.
    Angela

So, I called RCI, and of course could not get any info. The rep did not know what I was talking about. She knew about points, but not about PFD, specifically. So frustrating!
    Angela

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Ah, well, Philsfan's helpful explanation takes my Hawaii week out of the running, I'm pretty sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitter Brunello View Post
    Wait a minute - can this be done on an annual basis, or is it a one-time conversion?
    When I used to have my rci points account, it was a one time deposit. You can do it every year as a deposit and get points instead.
    Syd

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    You can do 4 PFD units a year....and post # 8 is the way to go (as per Lawren2 ). I believe the maint fee for that ownership in #8 is about $1250.

But I purchased a CMV UDI so want to maximize that deposit. I have a "free" points account with my BG ownership.

Here is a grid for PFD's.
    http://www.alltimeshare.com/rcipointsregional.pdf

There is a penalty for depositing closer in.

CMV currently gets 36.5K for a red week
    24K for a white week
    15.5K for a blue week.

You can't do last minute deposits to RCI PFD's with a CMV.
    I made that mistake once and ended up with a resort certificate cause the guide didn't know what she was doing.
    I ended up using it for a BG fountains unit so it wasn't a total loss and I got something decent in exchange.
    The resort certificates are only worth about 10 TPU's but it goes into your 9000 account which is a weeks
    account that has no online access so you have to call in to use it. Better not to make the mistake.

And like Phil said even one person converting their week to RCI points at a resort negates the chance of doing PFD at that resort from then on.
    I think we are probably pretty safe in the Bluegreen system since they are pushing their own points program and will probably never
    offer an RCI points program.

edited to add:

So, I called RCI, and of course could not get any info. The rep did not know what I was talking about. She knew about points, but not about PFD, specifically. So frustrating!
    Angela, you have to already own at an RCI points resort in order to do a PFD.
    You can't just do it as a one time thing without owning elsewhere.
    I am lucky enough to own at two resorts that never sold any RCI points so I've been able to do it a few times already.
    My main RCI points ownerships are at VV Parkway and Grandview.

I find the inventory different in RCI points than in weeks.
    Even inventory at weeks resorts is different many times than thru the RCI points website.
    There is alot of the higher end stuff deposited to RCI points.
    Examples like HGVC in NYC and bigger units in DVC.
    Many of the BG resorts are deposited to the points side more often like Solara.
    There isn't supposed to be 1 in 4's thru the points website either.
    I haven't tried that yet but imagine that would be a must for going to those 1 in 4's like Manhattan Club often.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast