Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: SW Florida in January, Plus Resorts on the Beach

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthr...p?t=137&page=2

Still climbing, 62 this morning.

There's a couple of nice Gold Crowns for Jan 2007.

Email me.
    - - - - - -

Since yesterday RCI has added more Subareas to Florida.

SW and Resorts on the Beach appear to have stayed the same.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

What's left in Resorts on the Beach for January, 2006, is located as follows:

Panhandle: 6~~~40% of the resorts
    NE: 22~~~51% of the resorts
    SE: 1~~~2% of the resorts
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Two days ago at least three units appeared at Lehigh for this coming January. 1-bedroom units at that, not studios.

Even those, 30 miles from the nearest beach, were gone in two days.

Two of those three Lehighs are now back. Whoever caught them probably laid them on the board and saw that they were not keepers, so threw them back.

Something new, and nice, for Jan. 2006, appeared today.

Email me.

Resorts on the Beach for January, '06, is still shrinking and for '07 still growing. For '07 there are some nice settlefors available.

Resorts on the Beach for January, 2006, took a big hit this week. A little over 20% of what was there at the beginning on the week is now gone. Now it's down to 26 resorts. We're looking at three months out now.

It had been at basically the same level for several months, with just minor fluctuation.

For some reason, Resorts on the Beach for January, 2007, also took a pretty good hit the past week. It's down to 62, at 15 months out.

January, 2006

It's not fancy but there is something available on FMB this morning. One that I seldom see.

One of My Occassional Summaries

All figures for SW Florida:

January, 2004--Peak availability was 14 resorts, at 18 and 16 months out. At a year out there were 7-10 available.

January, 2005--Peak was 12 resorts, at 21 months out, and 13 resorts, at 17 and 18 months out. At one year out there were only 1 or 2 available.

January, 2006--Peak was 9 resorts, at 21 months out. At a year out there were 2-5 available.

January, 2007--Peak was 9 resorts, at 21, 20 and 16 months out.

The lesser resorts, what I refer to as the normal suspects, are the ones that continue to be available. The better resorts, the GCs and RIDs are the ones that have disappeared. For January, 2004, there were GCs and RIDs on the beach available 9 times. For subsequent years just once of twice. For January, 2007, only two have been available.

Here's a couple of conclusions that tend to go against the conventional wisdom.

First, there is a surge of deposits around 1-year out, to maximize trading power. I've never seen it. By one year out the availability is in a decline. The bulk of those who know they are going to deposit seem to do so at 15-20 months out.

Second, availability is highly volatile with a lot of day-to-day fluctuation. Searching early and daily, the opposite is the case. Some searches go for days, weeks, even months, with very little change.

Cool I was there the first week in November

Quote Originally Posted by JLB
    First I have seen this since Charley:

Fishermen's Village Resort Club 4851 Punta Gorda, FL, USA

We met some friends at the Fishermen's Village for lunch. The shopping area appears in good shape. I don't know about the timeshare Units.

Walt

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast