Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: First virus, now riots - anyone here impacted?

Protests in the biggest city close by (20 miles) today - mostly peaceful though a car with trump signs on it gotta a little roughed up.

Today , three bus loads of protesters showed up. Walmart, Target , Costco and many other businesses closed and barricaded. The word went out and many regular people went to protect our town. Washington is an open carry State so there will be plenty of armed citizens on the protest routes. What I don't get is why are people coming to our city to protest ? The Federal Marshal's are here today I hope to arrest people that crossed State lines to protest.

In a city hours north of here the city residents stopped two bus load of protesters by gathering near the buses. Most of the residents were armed and the protesters decided it wasn't worth the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    I live only about 1 mile from the D.C. line, in an extremely diverse area, and nothing is going on here. It's like the outside world doesn't exist. And yes, we are out and about every day, masked but out. We would go bonkers staying in. Grocery store and dinner carry out is an every day event, also go to the now open stores. We also spent 2 weeks in a next door neighbor state in a time share, had a great time. Only 5 units in the whole resort were occupied. We will be heading out again in a week. If the d... borders in Europe ever reopen to the USA we are heading to whoever opens first. Have a trip booked to Bavaria starting July 3rd and REALLY hope Angela Merkle opens up the borders to us. United has told me that if there is a problem getting in we would be stopped from boarding at the airport. We will just show up and if we can't board just head home. Nothing ventured nothing gained.
    Like the US, it is state governments in Germany that control the lockdowns. Bavaria's leader is one of the toughest, and he has been nicknamed "Herr Lockdown". That said, in general Germany is reopening quicker than many countries, and a recent report from the restaurant booking site OpenTable said that restaurant bookings in Germany, including internet, telephone, and walk-in dining has returned to normal.

Two European countries that never did lockdowns were Sweden and Latvia, so those will be open to visit. Both are beautiful counties and rather close to each other across the Baltic.
    Last edited by Carolinian; 06-06-2020 at 11:54 AM.

The desecration of historic monuments is also appalling. In Washington, that included the Lincoln Memorial and the World War II memorial, as well as a statue of Mahatma Gandhi, the father of India's independence. In London, a number of historic monuments were vandalized on D-Day by BLM supporters including the statue of Sir Winston Churchill on Parliament Square.

In San Antonia, ANTIFA made threats to attack the Alamo, leading public spirited citizens to arrive with their guns to defend it if necessary. In Boston, rioters damaged the monument on Boston Common to the 54th Massachusetts Infantry, the heroic black regiment from the War Between the States made famous in the movie "Glory". A historic church near the White House that dates back to 1816 was set on fire by the rioters but fortunately saved before too much damage was done.

This seems to be an all encompassing attack on our history and our culture.

I guess no one saw the future pitfalls of slavery. From what I've see ANTIFA is a loose knit group of anti-fascists with no particular single agenda or authority - hence a right wing conspiracy target. I thought Obama came and took those Texan guns, or was that another right wing conspiracy ?

Most of the protesters are actually white. I was watching the news as three young masked antifa idiots were burning an American Flag and a black woman came out unmasked and took the Flag away. The idiots were screaming at her.

In the PNW, antifa is a group of young white idiots who block your way. I don't know any blacks or browns that like antifa. I know many white, blacks and browns who support our country by abiding by the law.

Then the talk of defunding the police in the big cities. What a bad joke.

So Bill, where did you get the ANTIFA flavored Kool Aid ?

You must mean my anti-antifa kool aid ? I do not this group Tony. Do you ?

Here is a video of this weekends antifa mayhem in Seattle. Notice that antifa are all young white kids. They place a barrier in front of a car and start kicking the car. What is edited out is that the antifa people were trying to pull this man out of his car and he shot one in the arm. So these stupid kids think it is ok to block traffic and damage vehicles ?

Suposedly, antifa has created a six block autonomous zone in the Capitol Hill area of Seattle. This includes a police precinct. If you notice, as I did, the group is a mostly bunch of young snowflake idiots.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast