Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Interesting articles on the Wuhan Coronavirus

Quote Originally Posted by Carolinian View Post
    And now it looks like Sicily will pay tourists to visit the island - half the air fare and one night's hotel - to get tourists coming back after the Wuhan virus passes.

https://www.zerohedge.com/markets/fi...tourists-visit

Sicily is a beautiful island if you have never been.
    Yes it is, I was there once in my parents home towns , Beautiful area's
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

I had some relatives there too.

Denmark reopened much of its economy two weeks ago and is not seeing any increase in Wuhan virus cases. Even their schools have reopened (as Switzerland's will next week).

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...ing-of-economy

Denmark has free universal government healthcare, and they probably have better leadership than we do here. Why shouldn't they have handled the corona virus better. I bet they also believe in science.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Denmark has free universal government healthcare, and they probably have better leadership than we do here. Why shouldn't they have handled the corona virus better. I bet they also believe in science.
    This pandemic has shown that real science is the key, not the game of modelling. Some over reacted due to wildly inaccurate models with hugely inflated gloom and doom predictions, something that is also common in some other areas of public policy. Models can be manipulated any way the designer wants or sometimes are just screwy for other reasons. Switzerland, for example, used real science in reopening its schools next Monday. They determined that the viral loads carried by children were too low to infect either other children or adults, so Swiss schools reopen on May 11.

Denmark also defied the EU with a very strict border closure, not letting anyone in except Danish citizens or people with Danish residency permits. Everyone else from business travelers to illegal alien migrants were turned away. That helped cut their exposure.

Most EU countries with government run "free" healthcare have a much lower proportion of ICU beds than the US healthcare system, and that has proven a negative factor in dealing with the virus.

One of the strangest on the list of businesses allowed to reopen in Europe is Greece allowing brothels to reopen. I cannot think of a business model that has any closer customer contact.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    This pandemic has shown that real science is the key, not the game of modelling. Some over reacted due to wildly inaccurate models with hugely inflated gloom and doom predictions, something that is also common in some other areas of public policy. Models can be manipulated any way the designer wants or sometimes are just screwy for other reasons. Switzerland, for example, used real science in reopening its schools next Monday. They determined that the viral loads carried by children were too low to infect either other children or adults, so Swiss schools reopen on May 11.

Denmark also defied the EU with a very strict border closure, not letting anyone in except Danish citizens or people with Danish residency permits. Everyone else from business travelers to illegal alien migrants were turned away. That helped cut their exposure.

Most EU countries with government run "free" healthcare have a much lower proportion of ICU beds than the US healthcare system, and that has proven a negative factor in dealing with the virus.

One of the strangest on the list of businesses allowed to reopen in Europe is Greece allowing brothels to reopen. I cannot think of a business model that has any closer customer contact.

It looks like Israeli scientists have discovered an antibody that can successfully treat the Wuhan Coronavirus

https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...virus-antidote

Interesting comparison of the responses in Sweden and Denmark on the coronavirus from the UK's largest circulation broadsheet newspaper, the Daily Telegraph of London:

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...hout-lockdown/

Sweden kept its small businesses including restaurants, barbers, hairdressers, etc. open and has had a similar result as Denmark, a very similar country that used a severe lockdown approach.

I heard that somebody in Madagascar had a drinkable cure for Covid. I wonder if it has any disinfectants in it. Remind you of anyone ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12