Thread: Getting Google off of a smart phone

Getting Google off of a smart phone

I have always preferred the more compact and easy to carry flip phones, but my wife talked me into getting a smart phone (Android, Motorola) and in studying it, I find it is preloaded with Google and with Google's Chrome browser.

I am not a fan of Google and want to change my browser and search engine. I intensely dislike Google's invasion of users privacy, and there are other issues I have with them like the political censorship they are accused of from both parties (Tulsi Gabbard currently has a lawsuit against them).

The browser I use on my computer is Brave, which has built in features that block trackers and also an ad blocker, and I want that on my cell phone. I use DuckDuckGo as a search engine and want to replace Google with it.

How difficult is it to make these changes on my smart phone?

go to your settings and look for google under notifications and block all, Down load the app you want to use and set it to be the default, IMO I like google it saves all your info so it can upload easy to your new phone so all your pics and passwords are saved
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Thanks. My problem with Google is that they collect so much of your data and don't even tell you. Also, there have been stories out for some time about their bias and censorship, but the recent extensive report in the Wall Street Journal has shown it goes far beyond politics, with general preferences in their manipulation of their algorithims to favor big entities over small entities. Think big business over small business.

I use Brave as a browser as it automatically blocks trackers and ads, helping keep your privacy. The company is run by a former CEO of Firefox. As a search engine, I use either Duckduckgo or the MyPoints search engine (really Bing) as I can get UA air miles on the latter.

I also do not use PayPal, as I had a really exasperating experience as a result of one of their asinine policies when I was working overseas. In doing some research, I discovered there were lots of reasons consumers should be wary of PayPal. See www.paypalsucks.com

Thanks. My problem with Google is that they collect so much of your data and don't even tell you. Also, there have been stories out for some time about their bias and censorship, but the recent extensive report in the Wall Street Journal has shown it goes far beyond politics, with general preferences in their manipulation of their algorithims to favor big entities over small entities. Think big business over small business.

I use Brave as a browser as it automatically blocks trackers and ads, helping keep your privacy. The company is run by a former CEO of Firefox. As a search engine, I use either Duckduckgo or the MyPoints search engine (really Bing) as I can get UA air miles on the latter.

I also do not use PayPal, as I had a really exasperating experience as a result of one of their asinine policies when I was working overseas. In doing some research, I discovered there were lots of reasons consumers should be wary of PayPal. See www.paypalsucks.com