Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Getting Google off of a smart phone

Here is a good reason to beware of Google collecting so much information on anyone they can, such as users of their products.

A 30 year old guy got an email from Google saying the local police wanted his information and he had seven days to file an action in court to stop Google giving it to them. It turned out that an app he was using to measure how far he had riden his bike had put him near the scene of a burglary. The police had sent a "geo-fence" warrant to Google seeking info of anyone in the vacinity. That was enough to make him the prime suspect. To me, it is a huge invasion of privacy for Google to collect and keep such information. This guy had to get a lawyer to head off the police.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/he-wa...rglary-suspect

I would as soon have the KGB or CIA connected to one of my devices as Google. Between its dishonest search engine and its invasion of privacy, the farther I can stay from Google, the better.

Here is a good reason to beware of Google collecting so much information on anyone they can, such as users of their products.

A 30 year old guy got an email from Google saying the local police wanted his information and he had seven days to file an action in court to stop Google giving it to them. It turned out that an app he was using to measure how far he had riden his bike had put him near the scene of a burglary. The police had sent a "geo-fence" warrant to Google seeking info of anyone in the vacinity. That was enough to make him the prime suspect. To me, it is a huge invasion of privacy for Google to collect and keep such information. This guy had to get a lawyer to head off the police.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/he-wa...rglary-suspect

I would as soon have the KGB or CIA connected to one of my devices as Google. Between its dishonest search engine and its invasion of privacy, the farther I can stay from Google, the better.

Your only option is to get an Apple phone which IMO worst
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Android is Google's operating system. It's impossible to get rid of it.

Buy the cheap iPhone instead. No Google on it.

Quote Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post

It is very dishonest of the sellers and manufacturers not to tell you this. Indeed, I would call it an unfair and deceptive business practice under consumer protection law.

From what I have learned, at least in Europe, the government forces them to let you use other search engines and browsers on Android phones. We need that level of consumer protection in the US.

Quote Originally Posted by buzglyd View Post

It is very dishonest of the sellers and manufacturers not to tell you this. Indeed, I would call it an unfair and deceptive business practice under consumer protection law.

From what I have learned, at least in Europe, the government forces them to let you use other search engines and browsers on Android phones. We need that level of consumer protection in the US.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12