Thread: Oh No , Stouts Hill in Uley, England has been sold !

Unhappy Oh No , Stouts Hill in Uley, England has been sold !

Just received an e-mail from Stouts Hill timeshare in England in regards to an inquiry I sent them. We were thinking of purchasing a unit there, as we have exchanged in there MANY times over the years and LOVED each stay. Received an e-mail back saying that it has been sold as of the end of March, but the new owner may be renting the mews cottages for awhile. I am not sure what happened , and am trying to find out . It is a BEAUTIFUL resort, and we stayed so many times always in a different unit in the main house or mews cottages, and all were lovely. Has anyone here heard about this or know anything? As of now I don't know if it will be privately owned, or what.

So many are gone over the years, Schloss Grubhof in Austria , Brantridge Park, England, our own lovely Ferienclub Eichenhof in Austria, Seehotel Alpenrose in Hohenschwangau Bavaria, Broome Park in England, Allen House Club in London, lovely Sloane Garden Club in London, and now Stouts Hill, England . All were lovely and we stayed at all multiple times. VERY sad to see another gone. :

There may be some information of the British timeshare site - Timeshare Talk

Thank you for the info. I registered at the site and it is still awaiting approval. It is a UK based board so hopefully when I can get into their site there will be more info.

damn doublepost

Thank you for the info. I registered at the site and it is still awaiting approval. It is a UK based board so hopefully when I can get into their site there will be more info.

Some of the European timeshares only have leaseholds on the property, and when the lease expires, so does the timeshare. That is what happened at Broome Park where I owned two summer weeks. Allen House and Sloane Gardens were two others that to my knowledge were leaseholds and the lease expired.

I have traded into Stouts Hill twice using DAE and it was a great resort. I am not certain if it was a leasehold or not, but it had a member-controlled HOA. One of my trades happened to be during one of their board meetings and I got to talk to a few of the HOA directors. They had had a problem with a secondary developer who had bought out the remaining inventory of the original developer and was trying to gain control of the HOA with its voting block of weeks. They had nipped that in the bud by changing to by-laws to give each owner only one vote at the annual general meeting, regardless of how many weeks they owned. I was very impressed with their hands-on member BOD.
    Last edited by Carolinian; 03-13-2019 at 11:15 AM.

I emailed the desk a few weeks ago and was told the resort became in solvent and had to be sold. According to the email, it was purchased by a private owner, who may rent out the mews cottages. We had stayed there many times, probably 6 or 7 times over the years and loved the place. Very sad, the email also said the owners were understandably devastated.
    Carolinian, do you remember Schloss Grubhof, ? They became insolvent awhile ago. Another lovely place.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    I emailed the desk a few weeks ago and was told the resort became in solvent and had to be sold. According to the email, it was purchased by a private owner, who may rent out the mews cottages. We had stayed there many times, probably 6 or 7 times over the years and loved the place. Very sad, the email also said the owners were understandably devastated.
    Carolinian, do you remember Schloss Grubhof, ? They became insolvent awhile ago. Another lovely place.
    Yes, I traded into Schloss Grubhof several times. I enjoyed it immensely.

I used to own a summer week at Golden Tulip Zandvoort in the Netherlands, which also was sold, but for different reasons. They only had four units, and were located within a hotel, and did not get in financial difficulty. They were organized as a coop, and the board was getting some age on them. They asked others to step forward to serve on the board, and no one did, so they then suggested the units be sold and the coop wound up, and the membership voted to do so. The good part was that I got several multiples for what I had paid for my week out of that sale. The bad part was losing the best RCI trader I ever had, and with a very low m/f. Of course, the way RCI subsequently went to the dogs, in a few years, that part of it would no longer have mattered.

Quote Originally Posted by mav View Post
    Yes, I traded into Schloss Grubhof several times. I enjoyed it immensely.

I used to own a summer week at Golden Tulip Zandvoort in the Netherlands, which also was sold, but for different reasons. They only had four units, and were located within a hotel, and did not get in financial difficulty. They were organized as a coop, and the board was getting some age on them. They asked others to step forward to serve on the board, and no one did, so they then suggested the units be sold and the coop wound up, and the membership voted to do so. The good part was that I got several multiples for what I had paid for my week out of that sale. The bad part was losing the best RCI trader I ever had, and with a very low m/f. Of course, the way RCI subsequently went to the dogs, in a few years, that part of it would no longer have mattered.