Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: Any snow stories ?

Got a bit over 5" of heavy snow overnite. Driveway is almost all shoveled- will finish it tomorrow and then shovel out the truck. Temp just nosed down to hit 31 and is on the way down to 6 tonite. Next time it will get to 32 is briefly on Friday. I heard that the Boston area got 15"

Winter started out really slow for us. Now it won't go away. It looks like another round of snow this week, cold weather next week and then into the 40's by the first day of spring.

It is finally melting. The snow is still about 10 inches deep in the back yard. This has been the weirdest winter I can remember. This time last year I was all ready mowing and spraying for weeds.

Big meltdown in progress here making it mud season. Cooling off starting this weekend with no precipitation in sight for a week.

We are now raining, which is helping because the ice dams did cause leaking in my 3-season porch. The rain will help stop that.

We have 67.1 inches snow to date with some slush coming. Feb set a record and we are now in the 4th snowiest season on record. Not betting we will get to a higher spot, but last year we got hit hard in April, so who knows.
    Don

The snow is finally melting. A herd of 30+ elk wandered through yesterday. I can see their tracks coming down the hill through the snow. The elk are unusual. Most of the 200+ pound of dog food Rex ate through out the winter has been found. My hiking trail is clear of snow but it looks like new people have discovered the area. Went on a hike and I noticed my right toe was rubbing the hiking shoe. I hope it is the shoe and not my toe.

We had over 8" yesterday. I don't know our official total, but we are about 75" snow for the season. April snows are tough, heavy and wet and pile up fast. Nice thing is that the snow is usually gone quickly.
    Don

We left Sedona a couple of weeks ago and ran into snow off and on. Got to Brice Canyon and it had just snowed. Got to Sedona then headed to Death Valley where the weather was nice. Headed to Genoa hot springs where it started to snow. Left Genoa to Klamath Falls and woke up to snow. It was a really greenish drive through the deserts.

Anyone dealing with flooding yet ?

No flooding here but based on your story stay the hell away from here.

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    No flooding here but based on your story stay the hell away from here.
    It is my wife. Her nick name is Queen of the North. She brings cold weather. I didn't really believe this until we started traveling. Our first trip to Orlando was a freak snow and record cold. Our first trip to Cabo was the locals wearing winter jackets and saying how cold it was. Recent trips include this year in Palm Springs where there was record cold and a frost alert and Las Vegas where it snowed.

We got home and the weather has turned. Cold and rain here in the valley and snow in the hills.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678