Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Any snow stories ?

Any snow stories ?

Looks like we may be getting some here this weekend. Not a big fan.

Yes, we saw 7 semis and a State Patrol off the road on way home from Lake Tahoe. Skinny snow this year at Lake Tahoe. Decent snow in our area mountains but I'm not snowmobiling anymore. My son and grand son were riding the ridges and trails by our cabin this weekend. They sent me some videos. Looked like big fun. I think I might sell my sleds as I am very tempted to hit the trails.

we had a 1-2 hour dusting but it was melted in 1-2 hours last week
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

So, here in Minnesota where last year we had over 70 inches, we have nothing on the ground right now.
    Don

We are waking up to a dusting but they are predicting a major storm for Sunday. Thank goodness Monday is a holiday and schools are closed.

- - - Updated - - -

We are waking up to a dusting but they are predicting a major storm for Sunday. Thank goodness Monday is a holiday and schools are closed.
    Jacki

Minor dusting here, big stuff coming Saturday night and going sub zero temps Monday and Tuesday. May be all snow or snow with some sleet or snow, sleet and freezing rain with power outages. Last prediction was 8-14 inches but forecasting is worse than usual thanks to the Government shutdown.

So far so good - woke up late and found the power on. So far it looks like 3" of frozen stuff out there and most of the time I look nothing is falling. It's suppose to keep doing something off and on until this afternoon, but so far no ice accumulation on my trees. Looks like this is an overblown major storm call - or at least I hope it ends up that way.

Our big storm turned out to be rain, thank goodness. The concern is that it will still be wet when the temps turn frigid and then everything will ice up.

- - - Updated - - -

Our big storm turned out to be rain, thank goodness. The concern is that it will still be wet when the temps turn frigid and then everything will ice up.
    Jacki

7 below right now with a wind chill of -17. Ended up with about 4 " of frozen precipitation. Got about half of the driveway shoveled yesterday- not sure if I will do more today or wait until tomorrow. Power outages south of us but not much here.
    Not bad considering at one time they were predicting up to 18" of snow.

7 below right now with a wind chill of -17. Ended up with about 4 " of frozen precipitation. Got about half of the driveway shoveled yesterday- not sure if I will do more today or wait until tomorrow. Power outages south of us but not much here.
    Not bad considering at one time they were predicting up to 18" of snow.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast