Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Any snow stories ?

Earlier this week we had a good snow storm. I used all of my toys. Hook up the plow and plowed out a few driveways and about a 1/2 mile of road. Went to do a parking lot and as I finished the plow handle broke. I fired up the snow blower for other areas that are not plow-able. Its a big Troy and it fired right up. As I finished up using the plow I sucked in an ice chunk and broke 2 shear pins. My shovel still works but I'm not really wanting to shovel snow.

Last night our part of the state was under emergency alerts because of the snow storms. I think the emergency alert ends tomorrow. The wind has caused many large snow drifts. A crap house on one my buddies job sites blew out into the highway and was hit by a truck.

btw, I see the double link dealio isn't fixed yet.

I noticed that a college basketball game in your area was cancelled yesterday. Your storm is coming our way and is due Tuesday. As to the double post dealio - I can't figure out why or how to fix it. There are 2 types- one which show 2 posts and another that douibles the post in a single posting with a "---updated---" separating them. I've managed to change the color of the updated line to red but can't figure out what is causing the duplication.

They are forecasting snow here on Long Island on Tuesday. We’ve been lucky so far this year.

- - - Updated - - -

They are forecasting snow here on Long Island on Tuesday. We’ve been lucky so far this year.
    Jacki

Should be starting to snow about any time now here. 5-8 inches predicted with some icing on top.

We picked up another 6 inches since yesterday. It is still snowing this morning. Actually, it is really coming down right now. I remember when I was a teen and these snowfalls were a good way to pick up a quick $100 shoveling driveways and sidewalks. That was in the early 70's. I bet a kid could make $500 now days doing the same. Especially on these days where school is canceled because of snow. Kids are complete wussys these days, imo.

I see that you did figure out how to change the update color, lol.

Started at a few minutes after 10 AM here and is coming down fairly heavy. I'm hoping that we don't get much freezing rain so we don't lose power.

we have about 3-4 inches but its slush in many areas
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

It snowed off and on all day. I wasn't feeling like messing with the snow today so my son cleared our driveway and road. My son in law decided to take the plow and clear some snow. For me, its fun maybe once a year but after that it seems like work.

I see you figured out a "damm dp".

All the forecasts here were a bit off. As of 1 AM we got about 3-4 inches of snow with perhaps an inch of sleet and maybe now a bit of rain or freezing rain. I just came in from smoking a small pipe on the front stoop and it wasn't doing much of anything. I doubt if I'll go anywhere tomorrow, but i might get the driveway shoveled.

Ours turned out to be a sleety slushy mess. We only got about 2 inches of snow but there were hundreds of accidents in our county due to spin outs.
    Jacki

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast