Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Double posting of replies

Double posting of replies

I've noted that the site often duplicates a reply to a post.

It appears to me that the double posting occurs when a reply is make the "Quick Reply" option. If the responder clicks on the "Reply to thread" icon, then the reply is only posted once.
    “Maybe you shouldn't dress like that.”

“This is a blouse and skirt. I don't know what you're talking about.”

“You shouldn't wear that body.”

I don't think that's it Steve. I have noted here and another site that replies sometimes buffer for a while when the site is busy, prompting the poster to hit reply again and create a double post. I seem to remember a "flood control" message that would tell the poster they are making a second post in a short period of time. I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting that message lately.

I am not sure but I think I messed something up a few months ago. I have to try to figure out what it was that I did
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    I don't think that's it Steve. I have noted here and another site that replies sometimes buffer for a while when the site is busy, prompting the poster to hit reply again and create a double post. I seem to remember a "flood control" message that would tell the poster they are making a second post in a short period of time. I haven't seen or heard of anyone getting that message lately.
    responding to your message using "Reply with Quote" and "Post Quick Reply".

responding to your message using "Reply with Quote" and "Post Quick Reply".

now responding to message using the "Reply to thread idcon.

now responding to message using the "Reply to thread idcon.

Now responding using the "Go Advanced" option.

Based on the above, the double posting appears to occur when using the Quick Reply option. Using the advanced thread tool does a single post.

This message was posted using the Advanced option.

I always use the post quick reply and make sure I don't click it twice.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast