Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best fast food burger chains

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    There is a new chain called smash burger they use a ball of fresh meat and yes it gets smashed flat.
    They sound similar to Steak & Shake, whom I would put just behind Culver's in my personal ranking.
    Scott

We have a Way Back Burger not to far away, but have yet to try it or hear what anyone thought of it.

They even have a Carolina burger on their menu and they are in North and South Carolina..

I pretty much don't frequent fast food burger places. In my opinion Red Robin is NOT a fast food chain (not that I eat there either). I agree that the best burgers are usually found in local places. The "best" burger place in Santa Fe, Santa Fe Bites, just closed. After 30 years the owners decided it was time to retire. But don't worry, I can still get a very good burger at many other places around.
    Luanne

Hamurger is said to have first been served in 1900 at Louis Lunch in New Haven, CT. I ate one there once- pretty good & served between 2 pieces of toast.
    Cheeseburger is said to have originated in Louisville, Kentucky at Kaelin's Restaurant in 1934- perhaps Melvin had one there. Pasadena also claims to have mad the first cheeseburger in 1926.

Tony the birth of the Burger can be debated. The Meche Brothers created a burger at the 1885 Erie county Fair

There is at least another claimant also. There's also a claim that someone in CT flew before the Wright brothers.

Another person here who has never heard of Cookout....will be on the Lookout!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12