Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Itís been very quiet around here lately

Just got online since getting here Friday. What a place- nothing is quite right.

I'm usually gone on weekends. Whats the dealio with the facebook like button on the upper left corner ? Should I push it ? ha ha, I will.

I did and I don't think anything happened.

JLB is gone...
    M. Henley

Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Just got online since getting here Friday. What a place- nothing is quite right.
    Are you at one of your usual places?
    Jacki

No, different place - couldn't get what I really wanted.

I haven't logged in for awhile. Just returned from Lake Tahoe on an RV trip. Timeshare in October, Lake Tahoe again. Is there a pattern here? The smoke from the fires is really bad in the whole center of the state. From the Tahoe Rim trail, you could not see the lake! I sure hope that the weather changes enough for the fire crews to get a handle on it.
    Tom

We were in Napa for a week, a Thursday to Thursday stay. Actually, we just got back from Meritage/Vino Bello resort which we exchanged into through Bluegreen's Shell Resort connections. Nice resort, but what the heck did they do with the maintenance fees they are charging owners? They aren't spending it on maintenance (broken microwave which was supplemented by a countertop microwave, shower door not closing, balcony lock not working, broken kitchen utensils and the toilet didn't stop running a couple times.

The first part of the trip was for a convention on carnivorous plants. Yup, I have a weird hobby. I have been growing plants for some over 2 years, but they work well with orchid growing temps and humidity. In 2 weeks, I will have some of my plants at the State Fair showing on the first 2 days. The big attraction is when we feed crickets to the venus flytraps. Kids just love that.

Second part of the trip was of course-wine!.
    We are in 4 wine clubs and tasted from all 4 (and a few others). Will drop one and have joined another.
    Even in the Napa/Sonoma areas, the smoke from the Carr fire (a fair bit further north) is visible and affects the sunrise/set. Of course with me, it is always a red wine sunset

Other than that, nothing planned until NOLA in early April.
    Don

Back from Russia. Where, oh where, is JLB.
    M. Henley

As far as maintenance fees and usage I keep reading more and more complaints from all the different systems. We own in 4 different systems and I'm starting to see complaints about maintenance in all of them and 3 of the 4 I feel the maintenance fees are very high. It seems as though years ago follow thru was much better and our associations did a better job of taking care of issues.
    I live to vacation and vacation to live.

A change in occupation has meant a decrease in vacationing funds so have had to do more local stuff. We just recently stayed at Calabogie Peaks just outside of Ottawa. We have a labour day weekend planned in Collingwood. Other than those two, no vacation plans until February of 2019 when we plan on doing a family Orlando Disney World vacation. Have already booked a three bedroom at Westgate Vacation Villa's only because they have a free shuttle to and from Disney World. Huge savings over staying at the Disney World and other resorts were too difficult to obtain. That and we wanted to stay in the same room if possible.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast