Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Please help me understand e-plus in I.I.

Please help me understand e-plus in I.I.

I have a week that is expiring in August. I doubt I am able to use it.
    I read the FAQ's about the e-plus on the II site, and I want to know if this is possible.

As long as I cancel prior to 60 days before the exchange, I can book up to 1 year from the date of my first exchange?
    (ex: if I book an August 11th week on June 1st, I can re-book a week up to 6/1/19?)

If I cancel with less than 60 days from the original exchange, I can only re-trade within 60 days of check in?

What I would like to do is get an exchange at the end of January or end of April with this week that expires on 8/11.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
    Jacki
    Jacki

Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    I have a week that is expiring in August. I doubt I am able to use it.
    I read the FAQ's about the e-plus on the II site, and I want to know if this is possible.

As long as I cancel prior to 60 days before the exchange, I can book up to 1 year from the date of my first exchange?
    (ex: if I book an August 11th week on June 1st, I can re-book a week up to 6/1/19?)

If I cancel with less than 60 days from the original exchange, I can only re-trade within 60 days of check in?

What I would like to do is get an exchange at the end of January or end of April with this week that expires on 8/11.

Can this be done?

Thanks,
    Jacki
    I believe that if you try to trade too close to the date which apparently is 60 days then it will restrict you to inventory that is 60 days out. But if you try to retrade before that cut off you will see regular dates and should be able to retrade to a less restrictive time and nicer inventory.

I have just found an intermediate place marker if you will, to just push out the date for me and then done a 2nd or 3rd trade
    You get 3 trades so unless a hurricane is coming like happens to me the retrade is a nice option. Even working around the hurricanes did work out for me in the end but I had to call to get it unrestricted.

Hope that made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by chriskre View Post
    I believe that if you try to trade too close to the date which apparently is 60 days then it will restrict you to inventory that is 60 days out. But if you try to retrade before that cut off you will see regular dates and should be able to retrade to a less restrictive time and nicer inventory.

I have just found an intermediate place marker if you will, to just push out the date for me and then done a 2nd or 3rd trade
    You get 3 trades so unless a hurricane is coming like happens to me the retrade is a nice option. Even working around the hurricanes did work out for me in the end but I had to call to get it unrestricted.

Hope that made sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    3 trades at 60 days won’t do it for me, so I would need the unrestricted one. Thanks.
    Jacki

3 trades at 60 days won’t do it for me, so I would need the unrestricted one. Thanks.
    So then start a search today and trade it as far out as possible.
    The system will tell you if you are in restricted trading mode or not as soon as you enter the dates.
    Let us know how it goes.

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    In order to get the full year retrade for your 8/11 week yoh Need to exchange now for another 8/11 week. Then before 6/10 you need to exchange again for something in the future preferably far out (July 2019). You would then have two retrades left to manually search with and get what you want.

To confirm all this I suggest you make the first exchange and then go back and add the eplus. While adding the eplus read the terms and conditions to make sure this lines up the way we think. By doing this if you can’t extend thru July 2019 you can cancel the exchange and pay to extend the week instead.
    Last edited by GrayFal; 05-28-2018 at 08:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    In order to get the full year retrade for your 8/11 week yoh Need to exchange now for another 8/11 week. Then before 6/10 you need to exchange again for something in the future preferably far out (July 2019). You would then have two retrades left to manually search with and get what you want.

To confirm all this I suggest you make the first exchange and then go back and add the eplus. While adding the eplus read the terms and conditions to make sure this lines up the way we think. By doing this if you can’t extend thru July 2019 you can cancel the exchange and pay to extend the week instead.
    Thank you. This is how I was hoping it would work.
    So book something now with a check in date of August 11th? Then I would have to do the retrade prior to June 10th, and my retrade won’t have to be restricted to 60 days?

That would work!

Thanks Pat,
    And thanks Chris!
    Jacki

Thank you. This is how I was hoping it would work.
    So book something now with a check in date of August 11th? Then I would have to do the retrade prior to June 10th, and my retrade won’t have to be restricted to 60 days?

That would work!

Thanks Pat,
    And thanks Chris!
    I think so. But test it out so you can cancel Incase it isn’t the way we think.

YAY! I exchanged for an 8/4/18 date (that is the latest I could get) and bought the e-plus.
    It lets me re-trade back through 8/4/19!

I know I will have to re-trade prior to 6/4 in order not to be restricted to 60 days.

Alright!!!
    Jacki

YAY! I exchanged for an 8/4/18 date (that is the latest I could get) and bought the e-plus.
    It lets me re-trade back through 8/4/19!

I know I will have to re-trade prior to 6/4 in order not to be restricted to 60 days.

Alright!!!
    Great

Success! I traded my expiring week for an Orlando week with an 8/4 checkin. I bought the e-plus. I canceled that trade today, and I was allowed to search up until 8/4/19.
    I re- traded for Morritts Tortuga Club in Grand Cayman for next Easter break. This worked out wonderfully for us!
    Added bonus, it was not additional to trade internationally.
    Last edited by jackio; 06-01-2018 at 08:12 PM.
    Jacki

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast