Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Please help me understand e-plus in I.I.

Yay!!!!!!
    I love e-plus trading.

I hope it's okay to ask for E-Plus clarification here on this old thread. If I have a week that expires December 31, 2019 and I am not sure that any of my ongoing searches will match, is it wise to book something late in the year and then get the E-Plus? Today I booked a November 1 checkin, for example. I may or may not decide to use it. Does that mean it would actually not expire now until November 1, 2020, and I wouldn't be restricted to exchanges 60 days out if I retrade it more than 60 days out from that date? My sisters both want to go to Maui next Fall and I could use this exchange for them for October or November 2020.

If I have E-Plus and cancel the trade, do I need to have another week available right away to choose? Or can the E-Plus sit there and I can search another day?

Is there a better and easier way to extend a week? Just wondering in case I throw this week back in before my 24-hour window is up.

You can see I don't do this very often. Thanks for any advice.
    Denise

If you book something for November 2019 you would extend that week's expiration to one year from the date of that original exchange if you add eplus. You would not be limited to 60 days as long as you make each exchange 60 days or more out. If you cancel, you get a replacement week and lose the remaining eplus and would start all over. Eplus does not allow you to cancel. It allows for free retrades. So even if you don't have anything in mind and want to cancel you have to retrade into something (and use one of your 3 retrades). Ideally you would pick a placeholder reservation as far in the future as possible so you don't have to worry about getting inside that 60 day period.

Once you have finalize that first exchange you lose the 24 hr grace period on each of the retrades. So if you change your mind on a retrade, it still uses one of the 3 retrades. You do also lose ability to start an ongoing search. You would lose that if you paid to extend and be stuck with flex change only so I think the eplus extension option is preferable.

Thanks for the clarification! I decided to keep the November 1, 2019 week and did go online to verify that I could search through November 1, 2020. Yippee! I'll hopefully be able to use the original exchange, but if not, it will be a good experiment in E-Plus, and definitely not a bad way to extend a week.

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the clarification! I decided to keep the November 1, 2019 week and did go online to verify that I could search through November 1, 2020. Yippee! I'll hopefully be able to use the original exchange, but if not, it will be a good experiment in E-Plus, and definitely not a bad way to extend a week.
    Denise

Orlando always has availability far in advance,
    so is a great place holder if you need one.

- - - Updated - - -

Orlando always has availability far in advance,
    so is a great place holder if you need one.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12