Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Amazon

I continue to use Amazon regularly through this site. However, yesterday I had my first negative encounter with their customer service. I received a text that an item was delivered, at the exact time it was supposed to be in the process of being delivered. However, wherever it went was not at my house! Heading out on a cruise tomorrow and wanted it for the cruise. Customer service gave me a royal runaround, saying among other things that it might have been that the person doing the deliveries accidentally pushed the button, even as he said exactly where it was being delivered (duh). They essentially had no explanation, could not get me another one in time, but how about if I waited until 9 oclock tonight to make a decision...I said again I was leaving at 6am tomorrow....They weren't even particularly nice about it. Did I want to look into it with their delivery service, she asked. I said, couldn't you look into it, and she said no. The item did not arrive, I cancelled it. They suggest that if it comes in while I am away, I contact them afterward to make arrangements to return it. Okay. Still, I am on my way to get something else for my daughter on Amazon...incorregeable!

Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    I continue to use Amazon regularly through this site. However, yesterday I had my first negative encounter with their customer service. I received a text that an item was delivered, at the exact time it was supposed to be in the process of being delivered. However, wherever it went was not at my house! Heading out on a cruise tomorrow and wanted it for the cruise. Customer service gave me a royal runaround, saying among other things that it might have been that the person doing the deliveries accidentally pushed the button, even as he said exactly where it was being delivered (duh). They essentially had no explanation, could not get me another one in time, but how about if I waited until 9 oclock tonight to make a decision...I said again I was leaving at 6am tomorrow....They weren't even particularly nice about it. Did I want to look into it with their delivery service, she asked. I said, couldn't you look into it, and she said no. The item did not arrive, I cancelled it. They suggest that if it comes in while I am away, I contact them afterward to make arrangements to return it. Okay. Still, I am on my way to get something else for my daughter on Amazon...incorregeable!
    I have had items showed delivered and I did not get it until a day later. You can blame you mail person, They most likely wanted to go home or did not have any other deliveries in your area. The best is when I do a pick up request and I get an email saying your item was picked up thank you for using USPS.com, but yet I am looking right at the items that were so called picked up. The mail person had to many stops and excluded me but scanned there sheet to show they came to get the items
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12