Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Not going to NOLA after all

Hoping for a successful procedure and a speedy recovery!

Thank you all. The TAVR is not a new procedure, but currently it is only approved for elderly or very infirm patients who cannot withstand open heart surgery. DH is in a trial for younger, healthy people , to see how long the valves will last. We are hoping he will get 12 years out of it.
    Jacki

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    Thank you all. The TAVR is not a new procedure, but currently it is only approved for elderly or very infirm patients who cannot withstand open heart surgery. DH is in a trial for younger, healthy people , to see how long the valves will last. We are hoping he will get 12 years out of it.
    I know you were both hoping he would be able to have this done rather then the tradition way. You must be so happy he qualified for the clinical trail!

Keeping you both in my thoughts tomorrow.

I just brought hubby home - 48 hours after having aortic valve replacement! By looking at him, you would not even know he had heart surgery. He has no chest pain, just sore groins. He feels his heart is pounding, but they told him his heart had to beat so hard while his valve was bad, just to get his blood pumping, that it will take awhile before it calms down and "realizes" it doesn't have to work so hard. What a remarkable medical procedure.
    Thank you all for your good wishes.
    Jacki

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Wow!! So glad to hear! That surgery sure has come a long way!

Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    I just brought hubby home - 48 hours after having aortic valve replacement! By looking at him, you would not even know he had heart surgery. He has no chest pain, just sore groins. He feels his heart is pounding, but they told him his heart had to beat so hard while his valve was bad, just to get his blood pumping, that it will take awhile before it calms down and "realizes" it doesn't have to work so hard. What a remarkable medical procedure.
    Thank you all for your good wishes.
    Great great no really great great news, Did I say great?
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Great !

Wonderful news!!!
    Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

Wonderful! So glad it went well without incident.

Really great news that the procedure went well. Sorry that you had to miss NOLA but it will be there waiting for you later.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast