Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stocks - crash or correction ?

Quote Originally Posted by marshalldillon View Post
    What would your advice be for a 47 year old who is invested in a 403b and a roth? Let it ride and keep contributing monthly??
    IMO dollar cost avg is the best but within 5 to 10 years before retiring start pulling money out into safe fixed funds, Also if you find an investment that pays 7.25% your money will double in 10 years

also take Luannes advice speak to your planner if he has done good for you that is
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

I completely agree....I just wanted to see what you guys thought as well. Just adding to the discussion...

Quote Originally Posted by marshalldillon View Post
    I completely agree....I just wanted to see what you guys thought as well. Just adding to the discussion...
    At 43 you should stay the course if its a decent one. Mine has always been real estate since I was 23. I don't invest in stocks but do trade, meaning buy and sell, and the results are not bad. Sometimes bad, most of the times good. The few bad times definitely make you think twice before making a new buy. My friends that are invested in stocks are all about to retire so their portfolios reflect this. I do know many people that were not able to retire when they had planned because of the last stock crash , some are still working, some have passed away and others retired after making adjustments.

Even with the many reasons that are causing the market will slow, which it is, the market will improve this year, possibly hitting a dow 30,000. There are many reasons why this should happen and fewer reasons to think otherwise , imo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12