Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Going to Maine this fall!!

Just got back from Maine late yesterday. It was a trip with many complications and I never got down to Bar Harbor other than a non-stop quick drive on the park loop road. The weather was good- only needed a jacket one night. I own a unit for week 40 there and it can have a few colder days and nights. It has been a warm and dry summer up there.

Hello!! I would suggest you to visit Zip World Bangor. Zip World is an amazing adventure, thrill for the adventure lovers. It is an organized site in different area. Its a longest wire and located in a fantastic place where you can enjoy the fabulous beauty of the place. Firstly, they will give you a small trial run after that you can enjoy your real race. The place is very peaceful,calm and beautiful. The staff is very nice and friendly. So must visit this place and I hope it will be your excellent experience.

Thank you Lusi. I don' t think I'll be going to Bangor and I couldn't do zip lines anyway as my health won't allow it. So looking forward to my trip.

Tony, are the leaves changing in the park yet?? I know the Arcadia Pines want be up to what we usually enjoy but I just need a place to lay my head.

Not much that I noticed. It has been a hot dry summer there, so whatever color is coming should be coming in the next 3 weeks. We have no color here yet in northwest, CT, and we had a rather moist and hot summer.

Talked to a guy from Jersey who had dinner at Lunt's Lobster pound with his wife last week for $ 74. Glad we don't like lobster.

Cruise ship schedule for Bar Harbor: http://crew-center.com/bar-harbor-ma...-schedule-2018

When we were up there, one of the most interesting things we did was The Penobscot Narrows Observatory - There's an elevator, and it is Handicap Accessible.............check it out...........

http://fortknox.maineguide.com/

You'll have a great time no matter what you do................BTW....we noticed color starting to change here in southern MA yesterday, (3 mi from Gillette Stadium)
    Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

When we were up there, one of the most interesting things we did was The Penobscot Narrows Observatory - There's an elevator, and it is Handicap Accessible.............check it out...........

https://www.inspirock.com/united-sta...66c81fdec4f32c

You'll have a great time no matter what you do................BTW....we noticed color starting to change here in southern MA yesterday, (3 mi from Gillette Stadium)

Low color now in southern Maine. I also noticed some color where I live. The Maine shore has had a dry hot summer, while we have been considerably wetter than average. Various weather conditions have an effect on the fall color. I hope you aren't going until until the weekend of the 13th or 20th.

According to news this morning, there is peak color in Bar Harbor now,

fall foliage.jpg

~ click on map to enlarge it...............think maybe you lucked out!!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast