Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Going to Maine this fall!!

I don't think there was a restaurant at the resort.................We went the beginning of Sept., so a lot of things were closed. There's an Applebees not too far from the resort. I'll give you some links, but can't say as we never tried..............

https://rockportdiner.com/

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...ort_Maine.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...and_Maine.html

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaura...and_Maine.html
    Perpetual Motion ~ Going Nowhere Fast!!

There is a restaurant at the resort in the hotel section. Pretty good actually. We went in June and it’s open.

Silver Contributor
    We were there Oct. 15-22. Fly into Portland and enjoy the drive up the coast. Just missed the Mount Desert Marathon and what's probably the final weekend of events at Acadia that Sunday. Plenty to see and enjoy though. Restaurant at Samoset was open and good. Rockland Cafe and Bakery was good, too. Susieq's links were good spots to see, but I didn't think Moody's Diner was more than average.
    Fall colors were great almost up to Acadia until a storm came up towards week's end, bringing in wind and blowing away the leaves, but the fog was great! We enjoyed the sunset at Acadia (no way we were going all the way up there before sunrise!). I wished we had stayed overnight in Bar Harbor so we could've spent more time there.
    Jeanne

Jeanne , you beat me to it. I do believe I will spend one night in Bar Harbor as I think it will be too long a drive for me to do in one day. How did you like Acadia?? What did you do?? on yeah, I goofed , that restaurant was to be directed to Big Frank, as he gave me a link but didn't find a restaurant on his link, just a motel.

Silver Contributor
    We stopped at the visitor center to see what was on the schedule and watched a video, then drove around the island, stopping at several points such as the overlooks and Thunder Hole. You want to make a reservation early for lunch at Jordan Pond Restaurant, as they fill up early, even in October! There are tour buses you may choose to take, and there's a ranch that offers horse and buggy rides through an area not accessible by autos. We ended the day with a drive up to Cadillac Mountain for sunset. We went on a few short hikes as well. Because we spent so much of the day in the park, we only really had time for dinner at the Lobster Pound in Bar Harbor and a quick drive through town. If you're there during low tide, you can walk across the sandbar to the island, too.
    Jeanne

Silver Contributor
    PS - We saved Acadia for a whole day's trip. On another day we drove up to Belfast via the Knox and Penobscot Narrows sites, stopping at both. Belfast has a nice waterfront walk as well.
    Jeanne

Fort Knox is a bit interesting from a historical point of view and there is an elevator on the bridge there that you can take up to get a great view of the area, but I haven't been up there yet. During high tourist season motels and hotels in Bar Harbor are pricey. There are plenty of options on route 3 south of Ellsworth. Some may be closed for the season tho. Lots to do in the area, tho some things will have shut down. There's an LL Bean outlet store in Ellsworth, but they rarely have really good bargains. Ellsworth also has several grocery stores and a Walmart along with other stores like Maine's own Reny's. Ellswoth also has hotels and motels in town and is about 18 miles or less from the park. Seawall in Manset (beyond SW Harbor) is an interesting rock shore.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfrank View Post
    A lot of nice shops in Portland, And The famous Portland light house. The resort was very nice when we were there. There is a huge Jetty right through the golf course. There was also a very scenic area right near where they told us to go to get lobsters, I will see if I can find information on where it was. I may have posted it here years ago
    I didn't see anything about a restaurant, only a motel. Can you look harder --- please
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by shaggy View Post
    I didn't see anything about a restaurant, only a motel. Can you look harder --- please
    Thanks
    it is not a restaurant, It is a truck where you can get live lobsters to cook in the room, Pots are in the room, They also can make it for you on the truck. The truck is right near that hotel I posted if it is still there. A worker at The resort told us to go there as it was out of the tourist area and prices were geared to the locals
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Thanks Frank, nice to know

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast