Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Thread: Petition to return the name of that new bridge from Mario Cuomo to Tappan Zee

Malibu Beach Barbie & A Super Moderator lawren2's Avatar

Angry Petition to return the name of that new bridge from Mario Cuomo to Tappan Zee

Hi folks and I know it's been a while.

I have a pet peeve. Gratuitous name changes of various bridges, tunnels, etc

Last summer in a late night session current NY governor Andrew Cuomo decided the rebuilt Tappan Zee bridge should be named for his father. Mario Cuomo.

There is a petition to take back our historically named Tappan Zee. So named for the Tappan Indians and the dutch settlers in the Westchester and Rockland N Y counties.

Please take the time to sign and share: https://www.change.org/p/the-ny-stat...ians-and-dutch
    Lawren
    ------------------------
    There are many wonderful places in the world, but one of my favourite places is on the back of my horse.
    - Rolf Kopfle

Nice to see you back. I always wondered where the name Tappan Zee came from and I was unaware that it had been renamed. I guess I haven't been west for a while.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tonyg View Post
    Nice to see you back. I always wondered where the name Tappan Zee came from and I was unaware that it had been renamed. I guess I haven't been west for a while.
    The bridge has been completely rebuilt and is fabulously modern. In fact I have a friend who took the inaugural drive across when it first opened earlier this year. Despite the new construction I object strongly to the political nepotistic erasure of its historical name.