Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dive Doctor said NO

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Hows the hip ?
    I am doing great now, I still need therapy but I sometimes forget that I need to use a cane
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Man, I think we need to recruit some younger/healthier members! I count myself extremely lucky to be still here. Enjoy life, do what the doctor advises, but enjoy life.
    ... not enough time for all the timeshares ģ

So far this year anyway, its been my Jeep and the trails that have gave me the adrenaline junky thrills I really like. Some thrills not so good like the soft top coming apart while driving down the freeway or the stupid tree in the middle of the trail that wouldn't move. Some thrills were very steep or deep and required a bit of winching or skill but no heavy lifting by me. A couple of decent rides on the KLR 650 in the mountains was ok for something to do.

The fishing sucked this year. Stealhead fishing was closed as they didn't show up. Salmon fishing was closed or very crappy as they were not returning in the numbers needed to reproduce in many areas.

Im heading to the Baja for Tuna soon. That should be good for a grin. Im still on the fence on the fishing as there really isn't any medical facilities in the area but I did find trip insurance that covers recurrence.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    So far this year anyway, its been my Jeep and the trails that have gave me the adrenaline junky thrills I really like. Some thrills not so good like the soft top coming apart while driving down the freeway or the stupid tree in the middle of the trail that wouldn't move. Some thrills were very steep or deep and required a bit of winching or skill but no heavy lifting by me. A couple of decent rides on the KLR 650 in the mountains was ok for something to do.

The fishing sucked this year. Stealhead fishing was closed as they didn't show up. Salmon fishing was closed or very crappy as they were not returning in the numbers needed to reproduce in many areas.

Im heading to the Baja for Tuna soon. That should be good for a grin. Im still on the fence on the fishing as there really isn't any medical facilities in the area but I did find trip insurance that covers recurrence.

Bill
    Glad you are doing better.
    Getting old with health problems sucks but sure beats the alternative. 😳

Just an FYI that Mexico is notorious for wanting cash before they will even treat you. They donít want to take the insurance. They will give you a bill for you to get reimbursement but want their money up front. One of the reasons I wonít risk going to Mexico anymore. 😞

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I almost didn't go but am really glad I did to get the travel thing going again. I snorkeled quite a bit and did run into the jelly fish babies ( sea lice). Had big mosquitoes bite me. Had huge moths land on me. Had a couple of rental car adventures. The airline lost our luggage with my vegan foods. Got reacquainted with the guy that sold me our first timeshare in Cabo as he is running the program for UVC Loreto now.

This resort is so remote and the nearest town is Loreto which doesn't have much in the way of a hospital. They do have an airport and the insurance included flights to a hospital but I would hate to have to use it.

I know alot of people that stopped going to Mexico because of their medical conditions , age or either and both. One of my friends dad died in Mexico a couple of years ago. He would have been fine if he had been in the states. The Mexican hospital he went to wasn't equipped for his condition. Getting him home was another ordeal I guess.

I guess my point is traveling to Mexico, especially with health problems, can be a problem. That being said, Im heading back next January and possibly again in late Feb. to get out of the cold. I would go to California but I have my timeshares in Mexico for another 8 years or so.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12