Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Babesiosis

Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    Montauk?
    Nope right by Chapmans back yard in Wadding River, But I am positive he got it While Strawberry picking at Lewins farm
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

I just heard that my nephew was really sick, and he tested positive for 3 tick borne diseases- Lymes, Babesiosis, and Anaplanmosis. Thank goodness he is young and healthy otherwise. He lives and works in Manhattan. And the only time he was near any wildlife was a weekend he spent in Amagansett ( east end if Long Island) about a month ago.
    Be vigilant for ticks!
    I just bought a 5 pack of lint rollers. I read that if you run them over your clothes and skin when you come indoors, they will pick off any ticks that have not penetrated yet.
    Jacki

That's terrible! Thank you for posting. Our daughter, who works with animals, has been sick with mysterious fevers all week. Just feeling better now. The doctor did bloodwork but felt that Lyme disease was unlikely because she is not having joint pain or problems. I'll ask the doctor to check for these other tick-borne illnesses when she does the follow-up bloodwork.

Scary Stuff! Glad that they caught it and she has been able to come home.

Quote Originally Posted by wackymother View Post
    That's terrible! Thank you for posting. Our daughter, who works with animals, has been sick with mysterious fevers all week. Just feeling better now. The doctor did bloodwork but felt that Lyme disease was unlikely because she is not having joint pain or problems. I'll ask the doctor to check for these other tick-borne illnesses when she does the follow-up bloodwork.
    Did they give her any prophylactic antibiotics?
    Jacki

Quote Originally Posted by jackio View Post
    Did they give her any prophylactic antibiotics?
    No--the doctor felt the bloodwork results (they came back the next day) pointed clearly to a virus. And our daughter felt much better the next day, no fever, and she's been fine since. She's going in for follow-up bloodwork later this week to be sure things are back to normal.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12