Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: off season traveling

off season traveling

what are good spots to travel "off season"?

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Depends on you, what you like, and when you can go places.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

we are retired, and can pretty much take off any time

A lot of the popular family destinations are dependent on school schedules, so if you go when schools are in session, stuff is more available and not so busy.

I hate to give examples, like Orlando, or SW FL, or Branson, or Williamsburg, or wherever, because I don't know what you like.

But just to pick one, in the Branson area, school gets out mid-May, so the first week of May would be "off-season", but with the same weather and attractions. One might think that November and December would be off-season, but it is not. But, lake resorts in the Branson area have a short peak, Mid-May through September, and are generally available the rest of the time.

You would think summer on the beach in SW FL would be peak season, but December-April is.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

I definitely agree that slightly off season is often a great time to travel. I love the Canadian rockies the week after labour day, school is back, but the weather is still great.

I am stuck with the school schedule for 4 more years, but I would think Cape Cod or the Carolinas coastline in early September would be nice.
    I've tried NYC in January and February. Not so nice.
    Jacki

we went to Branson in the off season and many things were dark

Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    we went to Branson in the off season and many things were dark
    When, and when?

A lot of the newer attractions are year-round. Some shows close mid-Dec and re-open March or April.

We have traveled a lot of places off season- New England is nice in May and June and September- even late October. Also- have gone to Florida and Arizona in the summer heat and they were great vacations. Yellowstone in Sept was awesome.

Best months in Naples fort Myers area are November and April

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast