Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: off season traveling

Quote Originally Posted by JLB View Post
    When, and when?

A lot of the newer attractions are year-round. Some shows close mid-Dec and re-open March or April.
    I'm thinking it was the 1st or 2nd week in January, about 3 years ago

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by mpumilia View Post
    Yellowstone in Sept was awesome.
    Estes Park/RMNP would be nice in September. The elk all over the place is something special. Beautiful place.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    I'm thinking it was the 1st or 2nd week in January, about 3 years ago
    You couldn't pick a worse time. Everyone's somewhere else, celebrating that another year is over. Some go to New Year's for a final big fling.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

You couldn't pick a worse time. Everyone's somewhere else, celebrating that another year is over. Some go to New Year's for a final big fling.
    Interesting. I often think that's a good time to go places, miss the Christmas/New Years rush, but still get better weather than home (for those of us who live in cold climates). Maybe that's more true for warm destinations, where there is still enough demand to keep things running those weeks. I suppose if its so not busy stuff is closed that's not great

Our first RCI week was a $99 getaway to Hot Springs in January, 1990. We had the place to ourselves. We had work to do, so took a trailer full of it, and sat in a condo there and did it.

Somehow it felt better than doing it at home.

Well, except for the snow/ice storm we drove back to Kansas City in.

The Caribbean (and Mexico) in late November (after Thanksgiving) and early December (before Christmas) are considered as off season as you can get. It's usually cold enough at home that you feel like you are escaping to someplace else and it is after the hurricane season. Airfare and other resort and sightseeing deals abound. While some daytrip operators may not schedule tours during this time others do and you might be the only once on your snorkeling trip and get extra time and attention.

We head to Hawaii in the beginning of December for 2 - 3 weeks and come home for Christmas. I'm not sure if this is off season. Mid September is good for Manhattan and many beaches. Some off season areas are way too hot during their off season but if you like heat then the sun belt areas would be good in summer.

[SIZE=1]Depends on you, what you like, and when you can go places.

Red face

Estes Park/RMNP would be nice in September. The elk all over the place is something special. Beautiful place.
    Well, we are going there in June.

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    I highly recommend NYC in Jan/Feb. Crowds are low, as are hotel prices. Tickets to shows and reservations for fine dining are much easier to get. Weather can vary from the 50s on down to snow but the subway saves any real trouble getting around and you don't need to spend a lot of time outdoors.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast