Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: favorite travel spot

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by vintner View Post
    Mn. Land of 10,000 lakes can't be wrong for fishing.
    Iowa is going to move the MN state line to Mason City so folks from Des Moines can get to MN to fish faster.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Two of my favorite toys are made in MN. and WI., Polaris Razors and Arctic Cat M800. Spam, one of my favorite foods in a can came from those parts as well. I haven't ever thought of WI or MN as vacation destinations.

Quote Originally Posted by easyrider View Post
    Two of my favorite toys are made in MN. and WI., Polaris Razors and Arctic Cat M800. Spam, one of my favorite foods in a can came from those parts as well. I haven't ever thought of WI or MN as vacation destinations.
    Both are popular summer destinations, and both have a variety of popular tourist attractions.

Tourist numbers are around 100 million a year.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

TOURISM WORKS FOR WISCONSIN

Tourism had a $19.3 billion impact on the state's economy in 2015, up nearly $1 billion, or 4.4% from $18.5 billion in 2014. The total five-year growth of tourism activity is over $4.5 billion, a 30% increase from $14.8 billion.

For every $1 the Department spent on summer and fall advertising in 2015, $8 was returned to the state in additional tax revenue.

Visitor growth topped 105.2 million in 2015, a five-year increase of 12.7 million.

Per trip spending increased 4.4% in 2015, led by lodging with 7.3% growth from 2014.

The tourism economy generated $1.5 billion in state and local revenue and $1.1 billion in federal taxes.

Each household in Wisconsin would need to be taxed an additional $640 per year to replace the revenue tourism generates for state and local governments.

Tourism directly and indirectly supports 190,717 jobs in Wisconsin, a five-year addition of more than 18,700 jobs to the state's total employment.

The Wisconsin dells gets about three million visitors a year and takes in about a billion dollars

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by rapmarks View Post
    The Wisconsin dells gets about three million visitors a year and takes in about a billion dollars

not my favorite...

Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    not my favorite...
    The dells has a lot to offer, but it is not advertised like the money maker attractions.

kashmir is my favourite .......................
    Last edited by tonyg; 05-23-2017 at 08:19 AM. Reason: spam

Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    What's the one place you go back to over and over again, because you just love it? For us, we returned to Sedona many times in the past, but right now we continue to be in love with New Orleans, and go back every year.
    We enjoy new places but are always pulled back to The Lawrence Welk Villas in Escondido. Besides loving the San Diego area and owning there (we also own at several other places) for whatever reason when I walk into the Villas the weight of the world lifts off my shoulders. They are well kept older units but something about them just relaxes me. We come back at least every other year.
    We do enjoy Florida as well as almost anywhere we've visited which is about 40 states in our 125 or weekly trips.
    Our latest is back on the cruise circuit and adding a week or two before or after the cruise. We cruised several times 25 years ago then did mostly timeshares and now we are retired so we tie the two together.
    Just did a 15 day from San Diego thru the Panamal Canal ending in Fort Laudurdale,Florida and then a week at Orange Lake before flying home to Cupertino,California.
    I live to vacation and vacation to live.

NEW Orleans
    Timeshareforums Shirts and Mugs on sale now! http://www.cafepress.com/ts4ms

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast