Ebates Coupons and Cash Back
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: holidays at timeshares

holidays at timeshares

Have you spent holidays at timeshares? Were there special events to celebrate, or perks of some kind?

We've been to a few around Thanksgiving and Christmas and they are usually nicely decorated, but no events out of the ordinary. We were in Destin Florida last year for Independence Day, and there was nothing different during that week (other than being able to walk across the street and watch all of the fireworks from the beach).
    Scott

I forgot that when we were at Glacier Canyon over New Years they have a party in their two ballrooms (geared mainly for kids).
    Scott

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Quote Originally Posted by grest View Post
    Have you spent holidays at timeshares? Were there special events to celebrate, or perks of some kind?
    In our 150-plus TS stays, if there was anything special being done you would think I would remember it (or maybe not), but I don't.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

The only thing I remember is the Christmas decorations during the 2 weeks in December prior to Christmas I owned at Club International in Cancun- more than a tree and both inside and out. The only actual Holdiays I spent at a timeshare were Memorial day and the 4th of July - both with no special events or perks.

We stayed at King's Creek in Williamsburg over Christmas one year, and they had a tree and a reception one afternoon with Santa and little presents for the kids and the grownups. I think we got a beach towel or something. It was nice.

I think Powhatan had a little get-together, too.

We were just at Palm Beach Shores, and they had a full day of kids' activities on Friday, with a big egg hunt and all sorts of stuff. We left on Saturday, so we weren't there for Easter, but they were definitely going to be having celebrations there.

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    Speaking of kids, in SW FL one of our favorite little resorts, "with threadbare sheets", had a sign in the office that said, "Unattended Children Will be Sold Into Slavery", or something like that.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

We were at the Manhattan Club for both New Year's Eve and 4th of July. The resort did not have any planned activities but the city itself was alive with festivities!
    Jacki

We used to spend Thanksgiving at a timeshare in Santa Fe (before we moved here). We were coming to visit my sil and bil. We stayed in the timeshare because it gave us space, and privacy.
    Luanne

Mardi Gras at Wyndhams Avenue Plaza. nothing special at the resort except that the parades pass right in front of the building.... The resort issues armbands and wont let anyone in the building without one...thats different than usual

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast