Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: knives etc

knives etc

Does anyone else get annoyed about knives that are simply not sharp? And without a potato peeler,, trying to pare vegetables with dull knives is not fun....

Many times the knives are too dull to do much good, but I never think to pack a paring knife with me.
    Jacki

On my list of things to pack is a paring knife and a peeler. Doesn't take up much room and cures a possible vacation annoyance. Checking off that list has helped with having just about all the necessities required.

We always bring a kitchen knife. Not a small paring knife, but a large one that we use just for travel.
    Luanne

Please excuse me, I'm a Dick. Not a moron just a Dick
    I seldom have problems with any kitchen items.

Knife-wise, we still have my set of Echo Arrowhead Cutlery, circa 1971, and they are still our go-to knives.

We also still have my titanium/stainless steel waterless cookware and my Prudence fine china.
    RCI Member Since 24-Aug-1989/150-plus Exchanges***THE TIMESHARE GRIM REAPER~~~Exchanging/Searching/SW Florida/MO/AR/IA/Consumer Advocacy/Estate Planning/Sports/Boating/Fishing/Golf/Lake-living/Retirement****Sometimes ya just gotta be a dick

Yup, dull knives are no good. None of the timeshares I have visited had a knife problem. A few restaurants in Mexico had very dull knives. One was a steak house in Cabo where we took turns using my tactile pocket knife and the other was in Playa del Carmen where we sawed through with the knife provided. I don't order steak in Mexico to often so its not really a problem.

We bought a set of Henkel knives last year. So far so good.

When I was an army cook we had a potato peeler in our mess hall, but when we were in the field we had to peel 50 pounds of potatoes by hand.. I found it a waste of my KPs time so I cooked and served them peels and all.. I never got any complaints

Silver Contributor and supermoderator GrayFal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Luanne View Post
    We always bring a kitchen knife. Not a small paring knife, but a large one that we use just for travel.
    No problem with packing in your checked bag???

Quote Originally Posted by GrayFal View Post
    No problem with packing in your checked bag???
    Nope. It has a cover for the blade.
    Luanne

Super Moderator Glitter Brunello's Avatar
    The best knife I ever used was at a timeshare. It was a big KitchenAid kitchen knife and I immediately ordered one on Amazon (you're welcome, Frank, lol).

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast